Brett Holman

ozvillafan

great game - left it all out on the field, which is exactly what you want from a player like him...

as to burnout or not being able to play full games at that pace, its exaclty what he's done his entire playing career...

his effort will lift the game of players around him, and if it doesn't, that tells us more about his teammates than it does about him....

well deserved MOTM in my opinion...

also good to see that different players are stepping up each week - KEA one game, Bretty H the next, Concrete Ron and Lowton also lifting, as well as existing players - Ciaran, BB etc... Good also to see DB9 working as hard as i've seen him in a while... my word he needs a goal, though...

It was a pretty good game from Villa versus the Swans. They could have had a goal or two themselves, but Villa did enough to win the game. Holman was very justified as man of the match - excellent work rate and an examplar for others in the team. I feel good about this guy...

Let's hope he, and Villa can keep it up...

Now, where's that optimism gauge thread?

Brilliant display. Someone said not great coz it's not Messi - over a full season in this particular League, for this particular Club, at this time in the development , I would prefer Holman.

Sorry, I'm struggling to understand this.

Are you saying you'd prefer Brett Holman in our team than Leo Messi?

Second question, are you actually mental?

Brilliant display. Someone said not great coz it's not Messi - over a full season in this particular League, for this particular Club, at this time in the development , I would prefer Holman.

I may well be mental. Who knows ?

But my view is simply that for our Team right now, with what Pl is trying to do, a Holman playing how he did on Saturday is more beneficial than it would be to have Messi.

Everybody on the planet knows Messis abilities, I am not stupid. I think there is more to it than that. In the same way I wouldn't want Rooney or Ronaldo either.

If people think it is ridiculous that is up to them.

But my view is simply that for our Team right now, with what Pl is trying to do, a Holman playing how he did on Saturday is more beneficial than it would be to have Messi.

Everybody on the planet knows Messis abilities, I am not stupid. I think there is more to it than that. In the same way I wouldn't want Rooney or Ronaldo either.

That's good. Because it IS ridiculous.

A real Lambert type of player and he never signed him! Everything going forward was made possible because he never gave Swansea a second to breathe on the ball and totally restricted their style of player. He was literally all over the pitch, every time I saw a Swansea player being closed down it was Holman, and despite his lack of ability on the ball, whenever he lost he seemed to win the ball back with a tackle. Ok, I am sure this will probably frustrate fans at times this season, but he is going to be such a crucial player for us, given the lack of energy we lack in midfield.

Do you have thoughts on the matter, or just insults ?

I can see the thought process.

He'd rather a team player than a fancy Dan, but that's a bit unfair on Messi as he puts in a hell of a lot work chasing down too.

He certainly does, it is one of his many gifts, but I didn't only mean work rate, I meant everything about where we are as a Club, where PL is, what he is trying to do, what we need, and so on.

I think some of the Aussies made this point when we signed him but I have to agree.

He has tremendous work rate and a very good footballing brain. Just sometimes his head is working quicker than his footballing ability.

This is why during a game he tends to do a few things which look very class indeed and others which look championship at best.

All in all he looks a fine player for us to have acquired. I think he'll be a fan favourite and get us goals and assists too.

And just to show that not all Villa fans are fickle. Well done Eck on this one looks like a good free signing on lower wages than most.

Do you have thoughts on the matter, or just insults ?

That wasn't an insult. Apologies if you took it as one, but if you make statements such as that you have to be prepared for people to call them ridiculous.

My thoughts?

My thoughts are that leo Messi is the best player in the world, bar none. In fact I think he's probably the best player of all time.

Put Leo Messi into any team in the world, be it Real Madrid or Accrington Stanley, and he would make that team better.

Messi in the Aston Vill ateam would make us spectacularly better than we are now.

I like Holman. He played very well against Swansea and I think he'll be a valuable asset to us this season.

But if you seriously, SERIOUSLY think he'd be more valuable to us over the whole season than the best player of all time, then... well I can't post on poster. I'll just say our opinions differ massively, because the mere suggestion of that is ridiculous. IN MY OPINION.

I actually can't believe I had to just spend 5 minutes typing out a post to argue that Messi would be better for us than Brett Holman :?

:lol:

I imagine that must feel bad !!!.......... it would be silly to go to far down that road. The point I am making could be applied to any number of quality players

I don't have any argument over who is the better player, of course not.

i have tried to say why I think Holman is better for us now than Messi would be, and I genuinely think so. For all sorts of reasons. T otake just one, the signing of Messi - or any similar player - would totally change the whole dynamic of what Pl is trying to do.

Fair enough, once we get to challenging Top 5 or so, but not for this Team, at this time.

As I said above, Des Bremner would have kept his place in Saunders team over anyone, not on ability, but because of the essential things he brought to the whole.

Terrytini,

I've just had a chat with a lovely couple of blokes in pretty white coats. They are quite interested in catching up with you, they seemed to know quite a lot about you. Apparantly, they have redecorated your room and replace the mattress that you ate whilst trying to convince the nurses that Maradona was a bit shit and that Steve Bull would have been a better bet for Napoli.

If you'd just like to sit tight and dribble on yourself, they will be along in a minute to take you home.

There's a good chap.

idiot2.gif

Â