Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Seems like his head is working quicker then his legs at times, or the other way around. For every bad pass or first touch there seems to be a good one.

Did anyone notice the 10sec of messi brilliance where he dribbled 4 swansea players, or was that all in my head?

Seems like his head is working quicker then his legs at times, or the other way around. For every bad pass or first touch there seems to be a good one.

Did anyone notice the 10sec of messi brilliance where he dribbled 4 swansea players, or was that all in my head?

Nope it was real. I think at the end of it he was like "wait, wft, I actually pulled that off? What now? Backheel, backheel."

A bit like Vlaar after the end of his run 8)

I think we've seen enough of Brett to know what kind of player he is and we haven't had a player with his tenacity and work rate since Reo-Coker IMO - something that we sorely missed last season. He is a hassler, he harries the opposition, stops them from playing and tries to force mistakes. Obviously he is hit and miss with his technical ability but that's alright - he could prove to be a very important player for us this season with his primary job.

I think Lambert will rotate quite a lot especially for cup games. So burn out is not a fear of mine. Lambert has proven with the dropping of Given and Sticking with the team that done well at Newcastle when the likes of gabby and benteke where ready to come in that he is not only decisive, but his cdecisions are good ones as well.

I think Brett will improve as he gets used to playing at this intensity. I am sure Brett is used to working his arse off, but the pace of the premier league is on a different level, so it will take some time. I also think both he and Lambert recognise that Holman cannot possibly last a full game at the intensity he plays, but that doesn't matter as by the time he is ready to come off fresh legs and a different threat will invigorate the team. Like Gabby vs Newcastle and Benteke yesterday.

He played the full game at The Sports Direct but was subbed in the west ham & Swansea games and came on as a sub vs everton. Not sure I'd have bought Zog on for him yesterday, I would have put gabby on.

For all this talk of non technical ability ? He was probably as creative as anyone else yesterday

To be honest I don't think he is as uncreative as people make out... I think if you look at it another way he has kind of a destructive creativity. By this I mean the pressure he puts on players gives us more of a ball and opens up more room when we do have it. Whilst it doesn't look as flash as others it is no less important. Kind of imagine a house built without foundations... it is all part of the construction process...

I thouhgt the new Des Bremner, someone elsesaid Frank Carradous and I'd go along with that too.

Someone else said N R Coker - nowhere near for me.....Holman was like an extra player and I would stick my neck out and say for all Vlaars intimidation and good defending, and Bentekes announcement of his talent, and the passing and everything else, for all that, I think |Holman was the key to it all, and the performance it would be most difficult to replicate, and the one we would miss most if injured, especially against ball playing oppositon like Swansea.

Not only the 100 times he closed people down, (often one after the other) but the example this set for the others, demanding by example that everybody joined in the fight together.

Brilliant display. Someone said not great coz it's not Messi - over a full season in this particular League, for this particular Club, at this time in the development , I would prefer Holman.

I thouhgt the new Des Bremner, someone elsesaid Frank Carradous and I'd go along with that too.

Someone else said N R Coker - nowhere near for me.....Holman was like an extra player and I would stick my neck out and say for all Vlaars intimidation and good defending, and Bentekes announcement of his talent, and the passing and everything else, for all that, I think |Holman was the key to it all, and the performance it would be most difficult to replicate, and the one we would miss most if injured, especially against ball playing oppositon like Swansea.

Not only the 100 times he closed people down, (often one after the other) but the example this set for the others, demanding by example that everybody joined in the fight together.

Brilliant display. Someone said not great coz it's not Messi - over a full season in this particular League, for this particular Club, at this time in the development , I would prefer Holman.

Don't be so ridiculous.

I like Holman myself but what is this garbage.

Â