Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Interesting question. Who would be considered more of a hero among fans. Grealish or Gabby? 

Wow… that’s a good question…

Grealish would get it because he was a brilliant footballer for us - he stayed with us when we went down and was a very important player for us in coming back up and staying up… but he left us for THE team that did more damage to us than any other leading up to our relegation…

but Gabby deserves a shout for being our all time Premier League goal scorer… who stayed with us his whole career… But he was septic for us in the latter stages of his career… he contributed massively towards our downfall and doesn’t seem like he was a particularly good representative of our club when we needed him the most…

14 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Wow… that’s a good question…

Grealish would get it because he was a brilliant footballer for us - he stayed with us when we went down and was a very important player for us in coming back up and staying up… but he left us for THE team that did more damage to us than any other leading up to our relegation…

but Gabby deserves a shout for being our all time Premier League goal scorer… who stayed with us his whole career… But he was septic for us in the latter stages of his career… he contributed massively towards our downfall and doesn’t seem like he was a particularly good representative of our club when we needed him the most…

Both scored winners against that pile of shite so equal footing for me

Difficult one indeed. A nose I used to work with used to get apoplectic with rage every time GA (or "monglahor" as he called him) scored the winning goal, so that particularly pleased me...but that dicksplash who bitch slapped Grealish really did the other sty dwellers no favours that day.

After careful consideration I would say Grealish if only for the fact that GA took the piss in his last few seasons. 

Grealish is closer to being considered a legend for me. The promotion season alone is enough. Cards on the table, I have never been a big fan of Gabby.

Neither are though, although both had “legendary” moments. Grealish’s goal at the sty is probably the pinnacle in that regard.

It’s all subjective really, for what it’s worth I’m not sure we’ve had a club legend since McGrath. Mellberg maybe runs it close.

If Grealish came back in 3 or 4 years time and we won the FA cup, he’d have earned the accolade then.

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Interesting question. Who would be considered more of a hero among fans. Grealish or Gabby? 

I don't think I'd get along with anyone that said Gabby over Grealish.

Gabby being our PL top scorer depresses me, tbh. No **** wanted him, that's the reality of it, we've had much better players who had their heads turned, he had 2-3 good seasons, then coasted by not giving a **** until he needed a run of form to justify a new contract. And that's not considering him being a core part of the tumour in our dressing room towards the end. This rehabilitation as "Mr Aston Villa" so he can keep earning a wage talking bollocks turns my **** stomach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You say 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Neither 

While I say

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Neither 

Either, either

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Neither 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Neither 

Let’s call the whole thing off.

• Haha 4

You can blaze Gabby all you like, but at least he gave us some great games, not like the shit being served up now. Got one of the quickest hat tricks too against Man City, 7 minutes I think it was, lets see the likes of Watkin's do that, has he even scored a brace??

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You can blaze Gabby all you like, but at least he gave us some great games, not like the shit being served up now. Got one of the quickest hat tricks too against Man City, 7 minutes I think it was, lets see the likes of Watkin's do that, has he even scored a brace??

Not sure if serious... Apologies if you're being flippant.

Watkins hat trick, 7-2.

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Ahh, that game, when Grealish used to serve goals to him on a plate.

14 PL goals that season. Gabby's best was 13.

Watkins had Grealish in a side that finished 11th, Gabby was in a team that finished 6th with Milner, Young, and Petrov behind him,, and Carew alongside him.

In 2 PL seasons, Watkins is at 25 goals, Gabby got 74 in 11 seasons. If Watkins stuck around that long, there's very little doubt he'd be our top scorer. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ahh, that game, when Grealish used to serve goals to him on a plate.

I think that arguement could be used against Gabby too. For a good part of his career he was in a much better team than Watkins has been part of. Young, Barry et al all served them up for Gabby.

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Are you saying gabby is better than Watkins? 

You got holiday tomorrow or usually drink like this on a school night? 

• Haha 1

Â