Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sad really cause this guy could have been a real club legend and prolific goalscorer had he kept his head out his arse and the kebab shop. 

I really don’t believe this could have been the case - quite simply as a professional footballer imo he has never been good enough to have become a club legend.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I really don’t believe this could have been the case - quite simply as a professional footballer imo he has never been good enough to have become a club legend.

In his early years he could havw but he went througlong spells of not scoring and living off his past glories

Its time to part ways in the summer without question and it seems like the club know that.  Imagine if he ended up blose...

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think a combination of injury problems and not being the brightest has blighted Gabbys  career.   

I wonder what he will do when it's time to hang his boots up.  You think they'll let him on celebrity get me out of here?

He apparently has a number of properties. If so, he has been well advised and will have a very comfortable life.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

As soon as MON got him to bulk up to add the whole 'hold up the ball' bit to his game he's not been the same. Ruined him.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was Agbonlahor's idea and O'Neill was not happy about it?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He apparently has a number of properties. If so, he has been well advised and will have a very comfortable life.

Fair enough. Didn't Hendrie also have a lot of properties too?

Anyway keeping it back on football I guess if he can get fit he may be useful to have on the bench during the December period. 

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. Didn't Hendrie also have a lot of properties too?  

not the brightest either

Anyway keeping it back on football

why?

Football has no place in the Gaby thread

I guess if he can get fit he may be useful to have on the bench during the December period. 

there‘s a joke in there somewhere

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I could be wrong, but I thought it was Agbonlahor's idea and O'Neill was not happy about it?

It may have been. It was a long time ago. If I'm wrong I hold my hands up. Which is what Gabby should have done instead of shoveling in pies.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

In his early years he could havw but he went througlong spells of not scoring and living off his past glories

Its time to part ways in the summer without question and it seems like the club know that.  Imagine if he ended up blose...

Well no not really - he goes through prolonged spells of not scoring because he is not very good at it imo and hence why he could never be a club legend - this status is reserved for the likes of Shaw, Gray, Cowans, MCGRATH, Cropley, Little, Yorke, Platt and such like - can you really put Gabby in such company ?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Crazy that he got that last contract, Ashe was clearly past his best. Did they really think that another club was going to nip in and take him off us.

It was tantamount to industrial/ commercial sabotage, by Lambert on his way out.

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think a combination of injury problems and not being the brightest has blighted Gabbys  career.   

I wonder what he will do when it's time to hang his boots up.  You think they'll let him on celebrity get me out of here?

I fully expect the vultures and hangers on to work their magic and you will see newspaper reports in a few years time about him being destitute like that fatty chav who won the lottery. 

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was tantamount to industrial/ commercial sabotage, by Lambert on his way out.

Strange this - and one of the few things I really blamed Lambert for.

still a good manager in there somewhere although i’m not sure he will ever recover from his horrendous experience with us.

Â