Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Last season him coming on at their place got us the draw. He's mere presence terrified them. Then he gets the winner at home. If he can manage 10/15 min he's worth having on the bench for the mind games alone. I'd let him play the next 2 derbies before his contract expires then send him on his way. He could always have a testimonial against them in the summer just to finish his career off! 

He ran around abit at theirs not really doing much with the ball imo - couldn’t miss at ours - and pretty much non - existent since. No thanks - i’ll Stick with the current mob 

29 minutes ago, Dave J said:

He ran around abit at theirs not really doing much with the ball imo - couldn’t miss at ours - and pretty much non - existent since. No thanks - i’ll Stick with the current mob 

Who would you rather be on the bench Thor or Gabby? You seemto have completely over looked what he does to them mentally. Away last year he came on and they dropped off scared of his pace even though it's gone. At home he ran around and got the crowd and the rest of the team at it and then scored the winner. You can hate him but he does have a big effect on them. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

At home he ran around and got the crowd and the rest of the team at it and then scored the winner. You can hate him but he does have a big effect on them. 

He ran on.."accidently" shoulder barged one their players as he came out to the wing by where we were sat...ran around a bit....fowled someone..had some handbags...got booked....then scored

It was beautiful

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Basically showed the fight the others lacked He's got plenty of faults but being up for it against Bkues isn't one of them. 

Does this make up for everything then - 15 mins against the noses and all is forgiven - not for me tbh with you. The fact that we actually talk about this topic as though it’s something to be applauded - tells me everything I need to know.

was it Blackburn away after the noses last year?- normal service resumed !!

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Does this make up for everything then - 15 mins against the noses and all is forgiven - not for me tbh with you. The fact that we actually talk about this topic as though it’s something to be applauded - tells me everything I need to know.

was it Blackburn away after the noses last year?- normal service resumed !!

Fair play in allowing hatred to trump wanting to beat Blues. I hope it was easy not celebrating his winning goal last year. For me the most important thing at the minute is beating Blues and having him around makes that more likely IMO. 

14 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Fair play in allowing hatred to trump wanting to beat Blues. I hope it was easy not celebrating his winning goal last year. For me the most important thing at the minute is beating Blues and having him around makes that more likely IMO. 

Wow!  Ok then - for me the most important thing at any moment is getting out of this pesky league - and I don’t think Agbonlahor has much of a role to play - so forgive me - but running around like a clueless chicken against the noses for a few minutes does not actually fill me with huge hope that he will impact our season significantly imo 

On 10/26/2017 at 22:55, CosmicVillan said:

He ran on.."accidently" shoulder barged one their players as he came out to the wing by where we were sat...ran around a bit....fowled someone..had some handbags...got booked....then scored

It was beautiful

Pretty much the perfect derby performance really. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dave J said:

Wow!  Ok then - for me the most important thing at any moment is getting out of this pesky league - and I don’t think Agbonlahor has much of a role to play - so forgive me - but running around like a clueless chicken against the noses for a few minutes does not actually fill me with huge hope that he will impact our season significantly imo 

To get out of this pesky league you need to beat the other pesky teams in it. Last year he totally changed the game against them and scored the winner. No one is saying all is forgiven, simply credit where it's due, if he can do the same this year those extra 2 points could be the difference between promotion or not, even if he plays no further part this season he will have made a meaningful contribution, whether you like it or not

Pretty sure it's a pointless debate anyways as he's injured so most likely won't play, we're also in significantly better form this year than last (and they're much worse)  so should be able to beat them regardless (fingers crossed) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weedman said:

To get out of this pesky league you need to beat the other pesky teams in it. Last year he totally changed the game against them and scored the winner. No one is saying all is forgiven, simply credit where it's due, if he can do the same this year those extra 2 points could be the difference between promotion or not, even if he plays no further part this season he will have made a meaningful contribution, whether you like it or not

Pretty sure it's a pointless debate anyways as he's injured so most likely won't play, we're also in significantly better form this year than last (and they're much worse)  so should be able to beat them regardless (fingers crossed) 

I agree with a lot of what you say - I would say he couldn’t miss that goal - come on be fair about that? His performance was emotion charged granted - has he forgotten we don’t play the noses every week

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Him. 

Without a shadow of doubt - I regret that Houllier had to leave due to failing health as I think he would have got rid - as would Keane if he had stayed around also.

i had time for Lambert apart from him playing Gabby that is 

Â