Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

The club is probably trying to find out if they can terminate his contract without giving him a payoff and so they don't have to fork out £65k per week in the championship :D

Blacks said it was his decision after having talks with Bernstein. Finally we have some football people here ready to dish out punishment for unacceptable behaviour. lets hope this is the start of removing the losers and deadwood

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gabby done a hell of a lot more in a Villa jersey than Collymore did

Yes quite true but its more about what Gabby has done in recent seasons really. Under Oneill he was excellent. Now he is just picking up his pay packet for nothing. Collymore was an expensive flop but at least we were able to get rid of him.

40 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes quite true but its more about what Gabby has done in recent seasons really. Under Oneill he was excellent. Now he is just picking up his pay packet for nothing. Collymore was an expensive flop but at least we were able to get rid of him.

Like I said before gabbys been here 12 years and collymore was here for 3. Gabbys been shit for many many more years. 

• Like 1

I imagine Remi will have had a fair bit to say about the players who weren't up for it during his exit negotiations so Gabby's card will have been heavily marked before these shenanigans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

well yeah, if you only select half of what I said!

'Well yeah' even if I'd quoted all of what you said.

My post was an attempt to be lighthearted (trying to play on the fact that we already employ a shit load more staff than other clubs, seemingly) but, whilst Gabby's not done himself any favours this season or perhaps in other seasons (just like other players haven't), the angry demands for some form of asceticism from the players surely comes from fans' frustration at the predicament of the club, the players' poor performance and their apparent lack of care rather than an actual demand for them all to behave like that during their playing career?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

janet_zpsbovxpdhj.gif

Edited by choffer

if we throw the book at gabby then it'll be interesting to see what the wording is, if it was for the weekend away on the piss partying he wasnt there alone... if its for the smoking then he's not the first and probably wont be the last...

If it's for the weekend then it could be that the club didn't give him permission (maybe they did give it to Micah?)

But we don't really know what it's for yet. Could be to do with the rumours that he was very "anti-Garde"

Iirc there was a rumour when mcleish came in that Gary Mcallister had warned mcleish about certain players and I think gabby was one of them

he won't be a big loss, he's not been involved in matches he's played in for 4 years

22 minutes ago, snowychap said:

'Well yeah' even if I'd quoted all of what you said.

My post was an attempt to be lighthearted (trying to play on the fact that we already employ a shit load more staff than other clubs, seemingly) but, whilst Gabby's not done himself any favours this season or perhaps in other seasons (just like other players haven't), the angry demands for some form of asceticism from the players surely comes from fans' frustration at the predicament of the club, the players' poor performance and their apparent lack of care rather than an actual demand for them all to behave like that during their playing career?

I'm of the opinion that if you want a team to be successful in 2016 they have to be athletes and train, behave and perform like one. Football is far more  physical sport now than it ever has been. As I said, a glass of wine here and there does no harm but binge drinking is absolutely unacceptable. If you want to do that, and not be able to perform at your best in training and games then you don't deserve the millions you're paid. It's the trade off.

Do whatever the **** you want in the summer break.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he'll be found guilty of being Gabby Agbonlahor and that's enough for me! 

Nah, he could easily deny that.

The real Gabby Agbonlahor went missing sometime around 2010 and hasn't been seen since.

• Like 2

Â