Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

drinking and smoking is legal but I would expect an investigation into anyone who does either (bar a glass of wine or pint here and there) during the season as they're paid millions to be a professional athlete.

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Investigated for doing something that is legal????

How odd and utterly pointless

Legality has nothing to do with it mate, plenty of legal things are written into their contracts as conditions of employment

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, deamie said:

Maybe he has done something more serious than the shisha pipe that we don't yet know about, seems odd that an investigation is taking place if it was only that ?

Not turned up for the last 5 years?

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I can't imagine that's all it is.

I struggle to see what the club can say about him drinking and smoking whilst on leave, what else do you think it would be?

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Investigated for doing something that is legal????

How odd and utterly pointless

Or, our captain being investigated for being out on the piss, 3 stone overweight and not giving the slightest fu#k about the Club. 

Its certainly  not pointless 

1 minute ago, mwj said:

Legality has nothing to do with it mate, plenty of legal things are written into their contracts as conditions of employment

not drinking and not smoking are not included

Could be loads of reasons and combinations, the media as always are just guessing at this point.

He might have arrived late on return, photographed smoking, drinking, argued when disciplined for it and been given countless warnings before.

Hopefully this is the start of him leaving, but that might just be a pipe dream :detect:

Edited by sne

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Or, our captain being investigated for being out on the piss, 3 stone overweight and not giving the slightest fu#k about the Club. 

Its certainly  not pointless 

Where has this been said?

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

not drinking and not smoking are not included

Seen a professional contract then?

Plenty of loopholes are written into contracts that are never acted upon, its just a safety net in case someone decides to act like a word removed

Just now, mwj said:

Seen a professional contract then?

Plenty of loopholes are written into contracts that are never acted upon, its just a safety net in case someone decides to act like a word removed

Yes

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I can't imagine that's all it is.

I can. Wasn't Sturridge or Sterling investigated for the same thing. It's doesn't matter if it's Hippy Crack or a Shisha pipe is legal, it doesn't set a good example to the kids and the papers splash you all over the front pages. The players get done for "Bringing the club into disrepute". Rightly so.

Edited by villa89

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

YHN53uK.png?1

I'm done with this dude. I used to defend him but he clearly doesn't give a ***** so why should I? Eff off Gabby.

I'm with you. Pat Murphy has confirmed it's being done to appease angry fans - he has done nothing wrong. I think it's a good call by the club and I think it should be the beginning of the end. He is way too big for his boots and needs to be binned off.

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

Where has this been said?

Where has it been said? Use your eyes man.

He is clearly overweight 

There are pictures of him on the piss

His performances and attitude is clearly of a man not trying/caring.

Do you disagree with any of that?

Edited by av1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I can. Wasn't Sturridge or Sterling investigated for the same thing. It's doesn't matter if it's Hippy Crack or a Shisha pipe is legal, it doesn't set a good example to the kids and the papers splash you all over the front pages. The players get done for "Bringing the club into disrepute". Rightly so.

About 4/5 players this season could be investigated for the bolded.

• Like 1

And this is why having an experienced football board in place is important. Little, Bernstein, King, all of them the moment they saw Gabby's nonsense would have immediately thought, we need to discipline him. What would Fox have done? Nada.

Â