Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

About 4/5 players this season could be investigated for the bolded.

True but Jack Grealish, for example, is at the beginning of his career. Gabby is lucky to still be where he is bearing in mind he's done jack all for five years and bearing in my that as a father of several kids he should know to set a good example.

I think he knows he's on borrowed time. It's a real shame because he still has the talent. It's just his application is so infrequent now his wage doesn't justify him being kept on. 

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

Seen a professional contract then?

Plenty of loopholes are written into contracts that are never acted upon, its just a safety net in case someone decides to act like a word removed

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

Yes

The key word being PROFESSIONAL contract. 

If you have indeed seen one (i admittedly haven't) you will know that there are probably loads of things the club can pull him up over, least of all that word before contract:

PROFESSIONAL 

I honestly think crappy agbonlahor is the route of our problems. As he has been here so long, his crappy attitude reflects on other players. Adding two other clowns in lescott and richards has only enhanced the problem. I cannot wait until all three are removed from our club.

crappy should be a villa legend for all the time he has been here, but i cant find of a player who has been here this long that is so unpopular with us

• Like 1

Professional and illegal are completely different things anyway,  Just because it wasn't illegal doesn't mean he hasn't broken the terms of a professional contract. 

I think the sacking of Garde, and now this is hopefully sending a message to the players that the free loading days are over. Anyone any idea who instigated this ? Black or has it come from the board ?

I'm interested that as we have no manager, who decided to action his suspension?

I don't think it ever needs to come from a manager, personally. The board should always be able to question the actions of any staff, as they should have the club's best interests at heart.

5 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I'm interested that as we have no manager, who decided to action his suspension?

The board or the CEO, same as at every club. It's not manager's who dish out suspensions for this type of thing (usually). The manager will just come out and back the boards decision.  

He clearly doesn't care, but I don't think you can sack a footballer for not caring. If he broke the rules of his contract then maybe. The investigation suggests that something may have happened, but I think it is more of a PR exercise than anything, i.e the new board saying to the fans that they won't stand for the type of behaviour that has made the club rotten. I'd be surprised if anything substantial came of it other than a lower asking price for the player in the summer.

I hope he goes, regardless of how it happens. He's been paid too much for too little for far too long.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

He's been paid too much for too little for far too long.

Thats why I'm sure they will want rid. 

Â