Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sack him

doubt many people be against it on here but im sure the legalities of sacking a player must be ridiculous :( though we could do what Chelsea did with Mutu and then sue him and try get our money back :D 

I have no issue mid season players having a break, no problem them having a good time but I do have an issue mid season that a player who has gone to a country that is roughly 3 or 4 hours time difference ahead and then going to a middle of the night party with the the type of smoking they are doing.  A party like that would take me a couple of days to get over, which added to the time difference and your body out of sync with a normal day and I'm an average Joe.  Gabby is supposed to be an elite athlete whose body shouldn't be used to this and to perform at peak performance shouldnt have these substances in his system and is also on a good regular sleep pattern (an athlete standard).  

Yes his next game isnt until the next weekend but his training isnt, that is the next day or so and his performance wont be up to scratch then, his body is trying to rid itself of that stuff, mentally he wont be quite there (no jokes please) or at the peak he needs to be.  Thus we lose a real effective training day, maybe that lasts two days.....that affects preparation for the game at the weekend and so on.........

I dont begrudge a break, I dont begrudge enjoying themselves but these guys need to look after themselves whether they are at the bottom of the league or top of the league.  We are more miffed because of how these guys are playing and where we are in the league and all that.  I think in any case I would be miffed, not because of the situation we are in, not because of the embarrassment to the club but we are paying these players incredible amounts of money to be elite athletes for our club.  Anything else they do is up to them but they have a responsibility to be at the peak of their fitness for us as that is what we are paying for them.  Just as if a player came back 10 kilos heavier for preseason, we know that will affect player ability and thus we have a go because his health is less than it should be then smoking and late nights affects health as well so the treatment from us should be the same.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 4

Gabby doesn't give a shit about the club or fans. He can't be bothered anymore. I think a lot of the bad attitude around villa involves gabby, Richards and lescott. They all need to be sold or released come summer

He's been phoning it in for the best part of half a decade, constantly getting contract renewals based on 2 or 3 decent performances a season.

And some people like to call him a club legend. Mr Aston Villa. 

If this word removed plays another game for the club, I hope he's booed every time he touches the ball.

Another Twitter outburst from an underperforming player. I know that the new manager will probably come in after relegation, but someone needs to sort this out ASAP - full social media ban required.

So what's the story here? Players are given leave due to international break, players have a break in Dubai, players do nothing illegal and have a night out?

Great story

• Like 1

Gabby doesn't give a shit about the club or fans. He can't be bothered anymore. I think a lot of the bad attitude around villa involves gabby, Richards and lescott. They all need to be sold or released come summer

I know this is the wrong thread to discuss Lescott, but I don't understand why he often gets lumped in with Gabby and Richards. Maybe because they're 3 English senior players?

Gabby and Richards have been crap for most of the season. Lescott has been our best defender at times, though it took him 5 or 6 games to come good.

Gabby has hit the headlines with antics like this, Richards has had a Twitter spat with Ian Wright and also been to Dubai. What has Lescott done that is as bad as these two? He tweeted a photo of a car at a stupid moment, then tried to make up a stupid excuse, then stupidly asked a fan to come and say it to his face.

Other than the car rubbish, I don't think Lescott is as bad or as toxic as Richards and Gabby. But people seem intent on lumping him in with them.

Next season, I want Gabby and Richards gone, because as players they have been crap for us. Lescott can stay, as far as I'm concerned, as he's been one of our best defenders this season, and I don't see the same shit from him that I see from Gabby and Richards.

• Like 2

Just now, Rob182 said:

I know this is the wrong thread to discuss Lescott, but I don't understand why he often gets lumped in with Gabby and Richards. Maybe because they're 3 English senior players?

Gabby and Richards have been crap for most of the season. Lescott has been our best defender at times, though it took him 5 or 6 games to come good.

Gabby has hit the headlines with antics like this, Richards has had a Twitter spat with Ian Wright and also been to Dubai. What has Lescott done that is as bad as these two? He tweeted a photo of a car at a stupid moment, then tried to make up a stupid excuse, then stupidly asked a fan to come and say it to his face.

Other than the car rubbish, I don't think Lescott is as bad or as toxic as Richards and Gabby. But people seem intent on lumping him in with them.

Next season, I want Gabby and Richards gone, because as players they have been crap for us. Lescott can stay, as far as I'm concerned, as he's been one of our best defenders this season, and I don't see the same shit from him that I see from Gabby and Richards.

You seem to be forgetting the incidents about arguing with fans on social media and gum gate

The guy is a clown he doesnt care about the club and in my opinion is part of the "dont care brigade" along with the other two

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

So what's the story here? Players are given leave due to international break, players have a break in Dubai, players do nothing illegal and have a night out?

Great story

How about player 2 stone over weight and staying behind to put in extra training to loose a spare tire.  I think he is poison and has been the common denominator across different managers over the past few years.  I will say it again, I detest him being at our club more than McLeish.  I'd pay him off, the benefits will outweigh the cost in the long run.  

I've mentioned his argument on social media. 'Gum gate'? Was it really that bad. Him spitting his chewing gum out?

Apparently he told a fan to F off during that game. I know the Nigel Pearson fans appreciate that type of manly, British steel and aggression, so it can't be that bad.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sack him

The only thing the club can do is fine him two weeks wages. That's the maximum allowed by the PFA IIRC. He'll be given (yet) another chance by the new manager and he'll still be a fat failure and he'll end up in the new championship bomb squad. It's an endless cycle with Villa.

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It will be next season if he's got to stretch an Under Armour shirt on every week...

gabbypad.jpg

I'm a lazy bastard, and I'm in better shape than that. What an athlete.

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The only thing the club can do is fine him two weeks wages. That's the maximum allowed by the PFA IIRC. He'll be given (yet) another chance by the new manager and he'll still be a fat failure and he'll end up in the new championship bomb squad. It's an endless cycle with Villa.

Don't care.

Take the repercussions.

Sack him, stick him in a rocket and fire him into the **** sun

• Like 2

Shit player, shit attitude, shit legacy. 

He'll forever be associated with Aston Villa but only as the one constant who was ever present during our downfall. His time at Aston Villa will be only be remembered with derision and nothing more.

30 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I've mentioned his argument on social media. 'Gum gate'? Was it really that bad. Him spitting his chewing gum out?

Apparently he told a fan to F off during that game. I know the Nigel Pearson fans appreciate that type of manly, British steel and aggression, so it can't be that bad.

Wow your quite a sympathetic fan if you think a palyer who should be focused on the game and showing he actually cares about the club more than playing a silly game of gum with guzan. The guys a waste of space, we dont need players like him past it and dont care. We need hungry players who love the club. And that certainly isnt "boyhood villa fan" jolean

Anyone still thinking that a new manager with a harder attitude (Pearson...) will scare this lot straight? :crylaugh:

They don't care, they have contracts and will outlive any manager, and they know it.

We already have physio Robert Duverne at the club who is known for his bust up with big name players who doesn't follow his routines. Players don't care.

Gabby probably outgrew his match kit 2 or 3 times already this season and would have had to go up a size or 3.

Won't be many years until he'll need a cane just to walk. Although if he saves his money he'll probably be able to afford one of these:

414594d1397665333-new-study-marijuanas-e

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Great story

I initially thought this. But the guy is our 'club captain', and he's ridiculously unfit. He's fat, and that's contributed heavily to the loss of his only asset, his pace.

We've got no right to insist that players spend all of their spare time at home, miserable, and never go out to enjoy themselves, but as a senior member of the squad, I think it says a lot about his attitude when he decides to **** off on holiday to smoke and drink, more rather than trying to work on his fitness, he'll be coming back from the international break even more out of shape.

Edited by Davkaus

The more you read about this guy, the more I want him gone from the club. We should pay off his contract and kick him out of the club with immediate effect, we won't get a fee but who cares, at least he won't be around to influence others and drag down the younger players with him. What he has done this season is tantamount to sabotaging the clubs efforts, in any other company you would be fired for that behaviour. It was a baffling and crazy decision to award him a new contract last season, I do not understand why somebody within the club thought that it was a good idea. Gabby has been rubbish for at leats 5 seasons now and I was looking forward to seeing him gone.

With him being on a huge salary, offering next to nothing and carrying around an extra 2 stone, as well as a stinking attitude, I'd be staggered if the club aren't planning to bin him in the summer. Now I can't see anyone actually wanting the fat word removed, and he certainly won't take a pay cut. The only way we can get rid is by paying him of, whatever it takes, the guy is poison. 

Well done Gabby, your legacy is secure. 

Â