Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I have read the list - Thats what led me to ask the question.

Yorke

At his current rate it will take Gabby another 3 years to get to Yorke.

He can catch who he wants up for me, but 70 goals in 7/8 seasons is pretty poor.

When he's spent 4 of those seasons on the wing it isn't "pretty poor". He's likely a league average player who also turns up on the big occasions and cost us absolutely nothing. He never turned his head either when the big boys sniffed around a few years back.

He's loyal, we've paid him handsomely for it. Lets all stick to that deal, IMO of course.

I agree. He has made 258 starts for us in all competitions and has scored 72 goals. When you consider that in way over half those games he would have played out wide that is a decent return. He also offers us a lot in terms of his work rate, the fact he is always willing to track back and help out the fullback and he is also a great outlet both in terms of his pace and the fact he can also hold the ball up.

If people choose to judge him simply on goals and whilst doing so judge on the basis of him being a striker they are wrong.

Edited by markavfc40

Gabby, Benteke & Weimann > Gabby & Carew

We'll be a real force if we can keep those players and get the midfield and defence sorted out.

Totally agree.

Left full-back, and central midfield, with a bit more experience in depth. But we have to stay up!!!

Excellent again today. Really put himself about, a constant threat and worked his bollocks off. Hope his injury is nothing serious as we need him firing on all cylinders for the remaining games. It seems that if Gabby plays well we play well.

Edited by markavfc40

MOTM for me today.

Such a key player for us. A strong, fast, physical player with a bit of experience to go with. 

Easily me favourite Villa player. Well done Gabby lad.

For me also, his final touch still lets him down occasionally but he worked very hard today and was very strong.

Â