Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

There was remark from the commentator that he is too fat. The front 3 is often lauded as our strength but its only occasionally this season that they have performed. Gabby played very well in the 2nd half of last season and he had a great game at the start of this season but the good performances are becoming lesser and lesser each year. Its an area we need to look at next season. Weimann has only performed spasmodically this season but I am prepared to cut him some slack because of his age. Lets face it Gabby is not going to improve is he? He's all about pace and when that starts to go whats left?

He'll get his new contract I'm sure, but as much as I think having an older head who has been at the club for a while is beneficial, I think it sends out the wrong message having him as our highest paid player.

• Like 1

Looked totally disinterested today. Needs a wake up call so time to bench him.

Plenty of players have needed dropping during the season and haven't, lambert has his 11 and its pretty much set no matter how dire they are. 

Whilst not disagreeing with you, the apparaent lack of effort by Gabby might force Lamberts's hand.

He is a **** terrible football player. He would not be a starter in any other prem team. DO NOT RENEW CONTRACT!!!!!!

That is absolute rubbish! Don't tell me, you would have delfouneso starting because he has more natural ability!....yawn

Gabby is a striker. If played as a striker, he normally gets 10-12 goals a season. He is now playing as a winger, so we can expect 5-6 goals. Also this season, he is the Villa player with most assists, 5.

Err...no. He never plays as a winger, rather as a narrow wide-forward and that is only when we play 4-3-3. When we play any of the other formations with a front two, he plays as one of the front-two. All-in-all, three goals is a pretty pathetic return bearing this in mind.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Err...no. He never plays as a winger, rather as a narrow wide-forward and that is only when we play 4-3-3. When we play any of the other formations with a front two, he plays as one of the front-two. All-in-all, three goals is a pretty pathetic return bearing this in mind.

I disagree. It's very rare that Gabby is in a central striker position, he's nearly always our wide as a forward or literally on the wing. Also, 'winger' or 'narrow wide forward', what difference does it make?... The point is, he's out on the wing, further away from the goal, being relied on to run, cross and create, instead of linger in the box and spend all game trying to score.

Enjoying his 60,000 per week by doing absolutely **** all and we are offering him and PL new contracts, PF is a **** expert in the art of business.

You seem very angry, considering you don't know how much of his 60,000 a week we will be offering him, in any rumoured new contract.

From what i have seen both Agbonlahor and Wiemann have never really been that good i was very surprised when he was selected for England, but anyway that didn't last long.  We would be no worse off without them and i would prefer someone like Vokes of Burnley or Charlie Austin!!!  They seem to score quite regularly and that's all a striker is supposed to do! 

Â