Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Yes how much interest is there from other clubs in Gabby? I think he's Villa through and through and a good servant to the club but its been a poor season from him. 3 goals would not get you into many other sides in the league. I think we should offer him what he's worth and sign another striker. Gabby can no longer be an automatic starter.

• Like 2

I feel the same way Gentleman but I know there is a lot off varied thought on that myself. It`s a very delicate matter in some ways because I want Gabby here but it is hard to defend at times. I do feel he has played a bigger role this season compared to what the stats say, and those are really nothing to be proud about. I frickin hate his first toch, but for me gabby is very much instrumental to our counter attacking. His touches let him down often as well.

• Like 1

Isa: I'd have no problem offering a lower wage. I agree he needs to offer more to justify being one of the highest earners. But he's a Villa fan, scores important goals, and even in games where he doesn't do that much his contribution is often the only bit of creativity we have.

Not everyone cares whether our players are Villa fans or not, but I'm one who very much does. If football is to have any kind of a soul, there should be at least SOME of the team who aren't in it purely for money and glory. We're lucky to have two such players in our team/squad, and personally I take some satisfaction from that.

Absolutely correct. Gabby has been here through thick and thin, I feel he deserves a lot more respect than to be judged like a piece of meat. He is one of us. And also a fantastic ambassador for this great club.

I personally think it is great when our supporters connect with the players (whether they support Villa or not), it is brilliant. Football is becoming too dehumanised and more about "results". We need good qualities like loyalty and hope to keep us going through the challenging times.

Gentleman I agree with everything you say but in return us supporters have the right to expect players to put in a shift and Gabby hasn't done so in the last 2 games.

• Like 1

Have to say the number of games he is absent in far outweighs the ones he influences majorly. It did look for a while this season as though at long last he was making the right choices more regularly and had sorted his finishing out to a point... But then he seemed to go back to the normal Gabby again. Odd.

Absolutely correct. Gabby has been here through thick and thin, I feel he deserves a lot more respect than to be judged like a piece of meat. He is one of us. And also a fantastic ambassador for this great club.

I personally think it is great when our supporters connect with the players (whether they support Villa or not), it is brilliant. Football is becoming too dehumanised and more about "results". We need good qualities like loyalty and hope to keep us going through the challenging times.

Geez, how many times...

He has been here 'through thick and thin' (as you put it) because he has never so much as attracted any better options. So let's not talk about him as if he is Steven Gerrard please. Not to mention the fact that his loyalty here has been rewarded in terms of the millions of pounds we have paid him for playing for us. Money he will be able to live off until the end of his days. Sentimentality has no place in a business (which we are) and the fact he has been here a long time doesn't mean we therefore owe it to him to continue paying him money that his seasonal performances levels simply don't merit. Also, I personally 'connect' with players who perform consistantly on the pitch, not whether they are a fan or not. I really couldn't care less what team our players support in fact.

I understand where you are coming from Isa but we will have to agree to disagree on this subject. Loyalty is a big thing for me (and others), it outweighs certain financial/business aspects. However, I do think Gabby should be rotated more often but we do not have the luxury to be able to achieve that with the current squad.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 3

Geez, how many times...

He has been here 'through thick and thin' (as you put it) because he has never so much as attracted any better options. So let's not talk about him as if he is Steven Gerrard please. Not to mention the fact that his loyalty here has been rewarded in terms of the millions of pounds we have paid him for playing for us. Money he will be able to live off until the end of his days. Sentimentality has no place in a business (which we are) and the fact he has been here a long time doesn't mean we therefore owe it to him to continue paying him money that his seasonal performances levels simply don't merit. Also, I personally 'connect' with players who perform consistantly on the pitch, not whether they are a fan or not. I really couldn't care less what team our players support in fact.

I understand where you are coming from Isa but we will have to agree to disagree on this subject. Loyalty is a big thing for me (and others), it outweighs certain financial/business aspects. However, I do think that Gabby should be rotated more often but we do not have the luxury to be able to achieve that with the current squad.

Did it ever occur to you that the reason why he was loyal was because of the contract he was offered and no other team would offer it? Offer him 30 -40k, see how loyal he is.i for one dont believe in loyalty in football hence why id rather see a player doing it every week instead of every month. He is nowhere near as good as some Villa fans like to believe.

• Like 2

Did it ever occur to you that the reason why he was loyal was because of the contract he was offered and no other team would offer it? Offer him 30 -40k, see how loyal he is.i for one dont believe in loyalty in football hence why id rather see a player doing it every week instead of every month. 

How much is Gabby earning?

I think he's on a bigger contract than Benteke isn't he?  65k? He shouldn't be offered anywhere near that this time around and no long 4 year contract. He should be offered a 2 year one goals related.

Wake up and smell the coffee! Ahahaaa! That's brilliant! It's like saying wake up, except you introduced the thing with the coffee, which as we all know is something that one often smells in the morning (assuming our partner/mum/carer has made it before we awaken).

Prefer tea myself with spoon of honey :P

Geez, how many times...

- You don't know that, so it's not a fact, and because Kendrick hasn't written about it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Agbonlahor said: "I'm flattered to hear things like being linked with Arsenal, but it's pure speculation.

"I don't want to say too much because it's just a rumour, but I'm playing for my hometown club, things are going really well and I'm happy at Villa.

"I'm a local lad who is enjoying my football. There is no reason why I want to leave Villa."

- Other fans do, I like having a Villa man in the squad.

- I agree though that he doesn't consistently put in a shift to be one of the highest paid players.

Edited by villan_007

We don't know that Ciaran Clark wasn't secretly approached by Real Madrid during his time here either. No evidence suggests he was therefore you just assume he wasn't. That's how it works.

Â