Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

If we want our beloved team to improve gabby is exactly the type of player we don't need. We need consistent 7 or 8 of 10 players not a 7 once every 9 games

Not good enough would rather redmund nani or Townsend in his place

We are nowhere near good enough to let Gabby leave.  Even with his boom and bust nature he still remains one of our most potent weapons.

As if Nani or even Townsend would come here ATM.

• Like 1

Don't know why everyone goes on about Gabby is Villa through & through and always supported us?

He has stated a few times before he is an Arsenal fan just like Ashley Young, but some people ignore that fact just because he is from Erdington.

If a big club did ever come in for him you can bet if we accepted a bid he would be off especially if it concerned a pay rise.

Gabby is still generally excellent for us away from home, certainly our best away performances this season (Arsenal, Liverpool, Sunderland, Southampton) have been with him as the forefront.

But please next season can we not start him every single time when he's fit? Same with Weimann.

If we want our beloved team to improve gabby is exactly the type of player we don't need. We need consistent 7 or 8 of 10 players not a 7 once every 9 games

Not good enough would rather redmund nani or Townsend in his place

We are nowhere near good enough to let Gabby leave. Even with his boom and bust nature he still remains one of our most potent weapons.

As if Nani or even Townsend would come here ATM.

Townsend and Redmond consistent? Pull the other one.

Gabby is shit whether people want to accept it or not. He has scored 3 goals this season we will be lucky if he gets 5.

Sidwell has 6

Chamakh has 6

Gayle has 4

Caulker has 4

Kozak has 4 and he broke his leg nearly 3 months ago

Nolan, Carlton cole,diame,vaz te & joe cole all have 3

Edited by dakid007
  • Like 1

gabby is one of lets say two players in our squad that other teams fear and have to bear in mind when setting up their defensive strategy against us...

while i agree we need to improve our quality throughout the squad, i don't believe that gabby is anywhere near the top of our priority list... out of the squad we have available to us, dead certs to start in my opinion are guzan, vlaar, delph, benteke, gabby and maybe westwood and KEA.... the rest I think are filled in from a pool of competent but similar quality players...

i also think that like carragher in his latest years at liverpool, with such high turnover in the squad over the lambert era, you need to have representatives that you feel are villa through and through....  

gabby's still a valuable player for villa to me, and i'd have in our starting XI if fit....

• Like 1

Gabby is shit whether people want to accept it or not. He has scored 3 goals this season we will be lucky if he gets 5.

Sidwell has 6

Chamakh has 6

Gayle has 4

Caulker has 4

More assists than anyone else in the team.  His lack of consistency in front of goal is incredibly frustrating but if you chalked off his contribution this season we'd be 13 points worse off and bottom of the league.  Could we get better value for money?  Most likely.  Do we need him?  Definitely.

• Like 1

Sidwell has 6

Chamakh has 6

Gayle has 4

Caulker has 4

More assists than anyone else in the team. His lack of consistency in front of goal is incredibly frustrating but if you chalked off his contribution this season we'd be 13 points worse off and bottom of the league. Could we get better value for money? Most likely. Do we need him? Definitely.

Not as simple as saying that because someone else could have done the same or better

My argument is he is not a good football player. He is not a consistant player. If we want more consistant results we need consistant players

• Like 1

Can't believe people are suggesting that Townsend replace Agbonlahor. The same Townsend that has less goals and assists than Agbonlahor this season? Right.....

Yeah but he had a good half of football for England once and became the greatest player of all time for a week.

• Like 2

Can still be a useful servant and we should keep him unless we get a silly offer. I agree that he needs to rested or left out sometimes particularly at home. Even at home he could be a real impact player of the bench.

We have more concerning areas of the team to address rather than Gabby.

He's very useful as a counter attacking threat. Other than that I'm really not sure what (if anything) he offers. He's still one of our better players though, although that says more about our squad than it does about him.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

Don't know why everyone goes on about Gabby is Villa through & through and always supported us?

He has stated a few times before he is an Arsenal fan just like Ashley Young, but some people ignore that fact just because he is from Erdington.

If a big club did ever come in for him you can bet if we accepted a bid he would be off especially if it concerned a pay rise.

Has he actually come out and said this? Either way it doesn't really matter. Jamie Carragher was an Evertonian as a kid. Gabby's been here his whole career and he says he wants to stay til he retires. That makes him Villa through and through in my eyes.

As for him leaving if a big club came in and offered him a fortune, that's the mootest point ever.

I'm starting to wonder if he even trains to improve, or just turns up and does the drills. I know he offers morale and guidance but what else? Decent for counter attacking but he's been really poor recently. He doesn't HAVE to be past his prime just look at Yaya Toure.

Edited by tomh621

His crossing is a lot better this season, arguably so is his dribbling. I'd actually say he's one of the hardest workers in the summer... He always comes back a slightly different player, albeit not always in a positive way (see the crazy bulking up towards the end of Mon and this seasons dip in finishing)

As I said in this thread in October and got shouted down....start him pretty much every away game as he's still very crucial to our gameplan but really should just be a rotation player at home.

If him and Weimann are still automatic starters for VP games next season, it's fair to say we'll be winning our annual 6 home games a season and no more than that.

• Like 1

Aston Villa to offer Gabriel Agbonlahor four-year deal Striker poised to commit to club, who will also look to tie down Fabian Delph and captain Ron Vlaar
agbon_2863890b.jpg
New deal: Gabriel Agbonlahor has one year left on his contract but is poised to begin negotiations with the hierarchy when the season finishes Photo: ACTION IMAGES

Gabriel Agbonlahor will be offered a new four-year deal this summer and the chance to remain at Aston Villa for the rest of his career.

Villa will discuss a contract extension with Agbonlahor at the end of the season that will ensure the club’s record Premier League scorer will be signed up into his 30s.

Agbonlahor, 27, joined the club as a youngster before making his debut in 2006 and is ready to commit his future to Paul Lambert’s team. The longest serving player on Villa’s books has one year left on his deal but is poised to begin negotiations with the hierarchy when the season finishes.

Fabian Delph and captain Ron Vlaar are also poised to sign new contracts as Villa move to tie down the majority of their squad for the long-term.

Lambert is still in discussions over his own future and is expected to sign an extension before the end of the season as Villa seek stability. Villa were thrashed 4-1 at home by Stoke City and face Manchester United this weekend but are on course to avoid being sucked into a relegation battle

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â