Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Remember merse on avtv a few months back before the arsenal game trying to pronounce our players, brilliant viewing.

He definitely didn't come across as a "wise-man" in that interview.

• Like 1

That was good fun.

"I'm not a crash... Do I crash?"

Gabby is so frustrating because he should be better than he is. He seems to run through teams sometimes, but other games doesn't get on the ball enough.

If we get Lambert. Keep him. He'll flourish under hi counter-attack heavy gameplan just like he did under MON and at the start of McLeish's reign (god knows what happened there). He always does worse post November but he loves the club and if he gets 15 goals like he did under MON. Then cool. Also think he'd work well with Grant Holt up front.

If we get Martinez. Sell him, he won't work in that system. through balls will be good for him but it doesn't suit him for some reason like under GH, thought he'd flourish there too with Young, Downing and an on-form Marc behind him but he was woeful in that attack and (whilst crap at it) possession-based team.

If its true Sunderland want to give us £10-12m for him, sell. Then hire a proper scout and buy a proper forward, Newcastle have shown (twice) this season that a good striker can be bought for that amount who can finish, is speedy and can hold up the ball too.

If Bent is serious in his tweets about staying at Villa, then thats Gabby's fate sealed for me. Problem being Bent will force a move in 12 months time and Gabby wouldnt. Stand to lose them both if we sell Gabby first imo and i'd be very worried about that. I love Gabby but the fact is we need funds from somewhere and its coming from either Gabby or Bent.

Just saw this from 2012. Could this guy see into the future.................??

He was excellent tonight and a real shame he had to go off. Had he have stayed on with Liverpool pushing forward looking for a winner I think we could have really exploited them again at the back.

Hope it is nothing too serious and he is back for WBA as he is crucial for us. Good thing that it is 11 days till we play again.

• Like 3

Â