Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He's only got one person to blame and that's himself.

He's always been a limited footballer but at least when he was motivated he offered something. The last couple of seasons he's just been a disruptive waste of a shirt.

I think he'll look back in the future and realise he should have done more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel bad for the reserves to be honest... 

I agree with this. I would have him training on his own, unless the intention is for him to be forced to watch a group of players who are dedicated, motivated and want to fight for the shirt. Still, I don't want him anywhere near the team or the club. If we cannot sell him and he is not willing to find himself another club then I would put him on gardening leave. His disruptive influence and antics last season coupled with his general lack of footballing ability is it for me, I don't care how much he has tried in pre-season, the damage is done, and we cannot risk having him affect the dressing room this season.

I thought about forcing him to come to training daily when no-one else is around, but that will keep him relatively fit at our expense. If he is on gardening leave then it will be much harder for him to get another contract when his eventually runs out and might motivate him (or his agent) to find him a move away.

1 hour ago, villa_southerner said:

Is training with the reserves as of today......

That's purely because he missed some of pre season through picking up an injury

He could have been great, a villa legend he really could have. He could have bee a England international, a national hero. But nope he let himself live on past glories, got out of shape and was more interested in the women, cars, partying and getting fat. Will be remembered as the man who came from the academy showed potential in flashes then became lazy, bad attitude and contributed to our relegation before going to the states or arab team and forgotten about. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

He's only got one person to blame and that's himself.

He's always been a limited footballer but at least when he was motivated he offered something. The last couple of seasons he's just been a disruptive waste of a shirt.

I think he'll look back in the future and realise he should have done more.

This is Gabby, hence he probably won't. I don't think he actually cares

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

He could have been great, a villa legend he really could have. He could have bee a England international, a national hero. But nope he let himself live on past glories, got out of shape and was more interested in the women, cars, partying and getting fat. Will be remembered as the man who came from the academy showed potential in flashes then became lazy, bad attitude and contributed to our relegation before going to the states or arab team and forgotten about. 

With all due respect your absolutely kidding yourself if you believe he could have become a villa/ England hero- the guy without question in my opinion is one of the least talented footballers to pull on our great shirt.

one asset and that was an ability  to run in a straight line very fast- again in my humble opinion 

7 minutes ago, Dave J said:

With all due respect your absolutely kidding yourself if you believe he could have become a villa/ England hero- the guy without question in my opinion is one of the least talented footballers to pull on our great shirt.

one asset and that was an ability  to run in a straight line very fast- again in my humble opinion 

Pretty much this, really. I've always thought of him as a sprinter who "plays" football. I don't accept this local lad/he scores against sha legendary status. Not for 60k a week. 

It's all been said on this thread about him really. He won't be on the after dinner speakers' circuit and he won't be a TV pundit after he retires. Perhaps the money will run out and he'll regret being a lazy bastard; perhaps not.

I just want him gone.

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

In gabbys early days he did have talent no doubt about it. he just did not push on and improve his game. he seriously could ahve been great in my eyes. His attitude stinks and thats why he has become a washed up hasbeen

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

In gabbys early days he did have talent no doubt about it. he just did not push on and improve his game. he seriously could ahve been great in my eyes. His attitude stinks and thats why he has become a washed up hasbeen

I do agree with you Dimitri about the attitude and so forth - as for talent I've never been convinced TBH with you.

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Pretty much this, really. I've always thought of him as a sprinter who "plays" football. I don't accept this local lad/he scores against sha legendary status. Not for 60k a week. 

It's all been said on this thread about him really. He won't be on the after dinner speakers' circuit and he won't be a TV pundit after he retires. Perhaps the money will run out and he'll regret being a lazy bastard; perhaps not.

I just want him gone.

Not even Gabby could blow through the riches he has earned here.

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

I heard a few weeks ago that he along with a few others had been told to find new clubs.

Yes, but he misunderstood and went to a golf shop. Last seen heading for the Belfry.

• Like 2

Â