Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

7 hours ago, sne said:

Have to say that I'm firmly in the get him out no matter the cost with Gabby.

Think it's paramount he's not here this season. Loan, sell, release, banish, hide him in Julies hotel room I don't care, just get him away from here.

Yup, we have no bigger priority than getting rid of Gabby!!! We do that and things start to move in the right direction, sod getting players in, GABBY MUST DIE!! Hell, if all the strikers and wingers get injured, we would be better off putting Sanchez up there As long as this clearing in the woods buggers off for the greater good of Aston Villa Football Club!

:trollface:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, that comment from Morley was remarkable. I'm not sure whether people will have gathered the full import of what he said, but for a club legend - a man who helped win the European Cup - to simply state he hopes Gabby never plays for us again, in public, is quite something. 

He said the same talking to a group of fans in the corporate when i was in attendance,so it is clearly not a spontaneous remark.....and it wasn't fuelled by drink on that occasion

outside of a section of fans who support him, many ex players and fans despise him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, we have no bigger priority than getting rid of Gabby!!! We do that and things start to move in the right direction, sod getting players in, GABBY MUST DIE!! Hell, if all the strikers and wingers get injured, we would be better off putting Sanchez up there As long as this clearing in the woods buggers off for the greater good of Aston Villa Football Club!

:trollface:

You make a fair point, there is far more wrong than just Gabby and it will take some time to repair.

Thats presuming we have the right man to repair us.....time will tell.

it seems to me we still have the same dilemma that the players we want to keep, want to go and the players that want to stay, we don't want......until that changes, i don't know where we are heading.

After his antics last season.... not bothered about us being relegated coupled with his injury record over the last few seasons I am absolutely amazed the club haven't shown him the door.....he is an absolute disgrace!  Once again  the guy has had hardly any pre season games because.....he is injured yet again......His injury record is woeful and he simply should not be here!!!

Edited by deamie
  • Like 1

i think we need to face facts, were stuck with him till his contract runs out, nobody in their right mind would sign him, even if any offer was made, he would clearly refuse it, hes obviously happy raking in the money that he is an never playing again, his child maintenance must be bloody high, hes got it cushy here.

i used to like him, now i bloody hate him, finally hes proved to be a fake.

19 hours ago, AndyBM said:

i think we need to face facts, were stuck with him till his contract runs out, nobody in their right mind would sign him, even if any offer was made, he would clearly refuse it, hes obviously happy raking in the money that he is an never playing again, his child maintenance must be bloody high, hes got it cushy here.

i used to like him, now i bloody hate him, finally hes proved to be a fake.

His legacy has certainly been tarnished for various reasons over the last few years.

I was still defending him around 2013 but started to lose patience around then as he was still decent in away games but was beginning to do little at VP.

If he'd left around that time things would've looked more rosey...a prominent player in regular top 6 finishes, played a big part in keeping us up in 12/13 and scorer of many derby winners and our only winning goal at Old Trafford in last 35 years.

Now though I want him gone like everyone else but seems RDM sees him as a squad option....at least.

I see him doing very little at this level though. He is done here just like Guzan was and half the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Likely to go? Will we just cancel his contract?

As i said, he is the only player whose contract i would pay off if nobody gomes in for him by end of Transfer Window.  Disruptive waste of space.  Glad to see he is training with reserves 

20 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

Is training with the reserves as of today......

Shame, RMC could have explained those rectangular constructions that stand at either side of the pitch. 

1 hour ago, villa_southerner said:

Is training with the reserves as of today......

Wow. 

I'm not shocked, but I am surprised. He at least appeared, superficially, to be motivated. 

Hopefully he get's the message now and will look for a move. Either way if this is the case and I've no reason to doubt VS, then he needs to be gone. 

Edit - Or have we got this wrong, is he training with the reserves as he has missed most of pre-season?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wow. 

I'm not shocked, but I am surprised. He at least appeared, superficially, to be motivated. 

Hopefully he get's the message now and will look for a move. Either way if this is the case and I've no reason to doubt VS, then he needs to be gone. 

Edit - Or have we got this wrong, is he training with the reserves as he has missed most of pre-season?

Wouldn't be surprised if it is just to get his fitness up and nothing else. Having Gabby around as a squad member doesn't cause me any angst, as he'll have to earn his place in the squad for once.

Having him as club captain last season was just mental though. Especially in lieu of so many good candidates, such as..... erm...... actually, come back to me on this. :unsure:

• Like 1

If rumours are to be believed that we are still after another striker, even if Gabby's attitude has taken a turn for the better, he doesn't get a look in anyway based on ability. There really is no return for the bloke. 

Â