Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Have to say that I'm firmly in the get him out no matter the cost with Gabby.

Think it's paramount he's not here this season. Loan, sell, release, banish, hide him in Julies hotel room I don't care, just get him away from here.

• Like 4

My main gripe with Gabby always was the automatic selection

It now seems we have a manager that does not subscribe to that, which is encouraging.

He can play for his place like he should have been made to do years ago.....just capitalised under lazy management.

We will see how much of one us he really is.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

My main gripe with Gabby always was the automatic selection

It now seems we have a manager that does not subscribe to that, which is encouraging.

He can play for his place like he should have been made to do years ago.....just capitalised under lazy management.

We will see how much of one us he really is.

My main gripe is simply based upon him never being a very good footballer IMO even in his so called pomp- all I ever saw was a bang average but very quick footballer and like you TRO I have been amazed at his until now status of an automatic pick. I just hope those days are gone for good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Just so very very sad!!

Just so very very inevitable

it has never surprised me how uninterested other clubs have been, but amazed at how interested our fans have been with him until last season.

IMO his behaviour has been the catalyst to his downfall......when in reality it should have been his lack of ability.

Got a public bollocking by legend Tony Morley during the commentary of today's game, Tony basically saying "he turned his back on us, I want him out". I have never heard that before, or anything close to it. How Gabby can come back I do not know and I agree with posters saying we should get rid no matter what. In fact, I have been saying for quite some time that his contract should have been terminated and then Villa should have stood behind that decision in litigation if it came to that.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Got a public bollocking by legend Tony Morley during the commentary of today's game, Tony basically saying "he turned his back on us, I want him out". I have never heard that before, or anything close to it. How Gabby can come back I do not know and I agree with posters saying we should get rid no matter what. In fact, I have been saying for quite some time that his contract should have been terminated and then Villa should have stood behind that decision in litigation if it came to that.  

Yeah, that comment from Morley was remarkable. I'm not sure whether people will have gathered the full import of what he said, but for a club legend - a man who helped win the European Cup - to simply state he hopes Gabby never plays for us again, in public, is quite something. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Just so very very inevitable

it has never surprised me how uninterested other clubs have been, but amazed at how interested our fans have been with him until last season.

IMO his behaviour has been the catalyst to his downfall......when in reality it should have been his lack of ability.

Here here. totally 100% bang on

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, that comment from Morley was remarkable. I'm not sure whether people will have gathered the full import of what he said, but for a club legend - a man who helped win the European Cup - to simply state he hopes Gabby never plays for us again, in public, is quite something. 

Seemed like he had a few pints before doing the commentary so probably loosened him up a touch.

Its true though in a way. even though he hasnt had pace in years and a bit shit, defences are still wary enough when playing against him and treat him with respect. Ayew, Kozak, or Gestede are easy to read for defences

54 minutes ago, sne said:

That's like choosing between morbid obesity and crippling arthritis

At least with morbid obesity you've had fun getting fat. And Gabby has given us 'some' good moments.

Â