Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Flabbys pretty shit at doing ties that's for sure

I cant believe people are criticising him for doing up his kids tie badly. Give the guy a break. He is just posting a pic with his son and people want to bitch about his tie tying skills. Get a grip people. It is totally out of order to pick on him like this.*

* it really isn't, he is fair game

Plus, why would he be good at tying ties? he has only had to go to court a couple of times, and to be fair he probably only sees that particular one of his kids once a month. :-P

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

He appears to have been a problem at the club for some time under different managers, so he, in my mind, needs to be first to go.

Getting someone to take him is the problem.

Yep, every time a manager has come in and tried to bring our training methods into the modern era he has caused issues in the camp. He let us down badly last season in our hour of need. He may have lost a load of weight, but he has gained nothing between his ears so the quicker he leaves the better for me.

• Like 3

It's not about how much money he earns or gives to charity, where he's from, creed or colour. It's not even about being a class footballer.

The only question that should be asked of Gaby is.

Are you honouring your self?

He hasn't (imho) so he should be ashamed of himself.

The ultimate consequences of his lack of application is that the team, his team-mates, the club and its fans have carried the consequences.

For me, Scoring an important goal and not showing any kind of emotion/reaction showed a total contempt against all that a boyhood-fan, club captain, senior player should stand for.

On the pitch and in the dressing room/BMH counts, he has let himself down, ultimately AVFC and the fans too.

Unforgivable.

Should do the honourable thing and resign from his contract.

• Like 1

grasshopper, i like your way of thinking, and any other proud human being would try to better themselves, but this is gabby, the guy is allowed to earn £60k per week without any official questioning the reason why through performance related pay, he in essence can do what he wants, and if that means not caring about himself or the team he is meant to support for the love of money, then that shows the type of person he is.

quite simply, money has made him a terrible human being, and a fat lazy talentless footballer.

• Like 1

Someone in MLS is surely gullible enough to buy a former England international and Premier League player...? Fingers crossed. They might get a bit suspicious when we don't ask for a transfer fee, and offer to pay for his flight!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AndyBM said:

grasshopper, i like your way of thinking, and any other proud human being would try to better themselves, but this is gabby, the guy is allowed to earn £60k per week without any official questioning the reason why through performance related pay, he in essence can do what he wants, and if that means not caring about himself or the team he is meant to support for the love of money, then that shows the type of person he is.

quite simply, money has made him a terrible human being, and a fat lazy talentless footballer.

I don't think being talentless is anything to do with the money he has earned- in my view he has always been talentless 

I don't care how fit is/gets, he is the club captain and he let us down when we needed him most, he couldn't be arsed. 

We need rid. 

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

2. He isn't going anywhere and he is trying to repair his reputation 

Sadly this. 

We are not going to get rid of him, simple as that.

Needs to be worked like a dog, and kept on a very short leash. Couple of years left at best, let us see how much he wants it.

Part of me thinks players like Gabby might actually be looking forward to next season, winning games again and renewed motivation.

Maybe I am just a naive word removed.

...still looks top heavy to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Maybe I am just a naive word removed.

Well i wasn't going say, but since you mention it.... :)

Look, you can forgive someone for a lack of a ability, but you can't forgive your club captain for downing tools during a relegation battle. I'm normally happy to give people a second chance but we are talking about a whole season here (some would say a few seasons). He is he epitome of what went wrong last season, when the players see that the team captain and club captain don't care what hope have you got?

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Well i wasn't going say, but since you mention it.... :)

Look, you can forgive someone for a lack of a ability, but you can't forgive your club captain for downing tools during a relegation battle. I'm normally happy to give people a second chance but we are talking about a whole season here (some would say a few seasons). He is he epitome of what went wrong last season, when the players see that the team captain and club captain don't care what hope have you got?

This. Also I am bothered about the perception, rightly or wrongly, that he has been a problem in the dressing room under various managers. Even if he behaves for a time under the new management, I would be worried that he would then revert to type, and become a disruptive influence again. The problem is, of course, that no one will take him off our hands, and that would be the best outcome for all concerned.

Â