General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

According to wikipedia, OGS signed a 4 year contract with Molde when he joined in November 2010 prior to the start of the 2011 league season (running March to November with a summer break ant the end of May through June).

He has only been in charged for 1 and a half seasons come this year's summer break, so would he be willing to move already?

To the tune of 'olay olayyy, olay olayyy feeling hot hot hot' (I dunno what the song is called).

Ole Oleeee, Ole Oleeee Gunnar Solskjær!

Did you think that up all by yourself?

:winkold:

If you must know wiggy, I'm part of a team of 17!

We work around the clock, coming up with the best, most-fashionable sounding jokes to make us look extremely intelligent and attractive to ladies. So no, I didn't think of it by myself.

No pun intended.

To the tune of 'olay olayyy, olay olayyy feeling hot hot hot' (I dunno what the song is called).

Ole Oleeee, Ole Oleeee Gunnar Solskjær!

Did you think that up all by yourself?

:winkold:

If you must know wiggy, I'm part of a team of 17!

We work around the clock, coming up with the best, most-fashionable sounding jokes to make us look extremely intelligent and attractive to ladies. So no, I didn't think of it by myself.

No pun intended.

:lol::thumb:

Paddy Powers web site had this gem :-)

Could Solskjaer really take over at the Villa? Maybe.

Could he teach Agbonlahor how to finish? Surely impossible.

According to wikipedia, OGS signed a 4 year contract with Molde when he joined in November 2010 prior to the start of the 2011 league season (running March to November with a summer break ant the end of May through June).

He has only been in charged for 1 and a half seasons come this year's summer break, so would he be willing to move already?

Yes, he's said he want to give it a couple of years there. He has just qualified them for the Champions league qualifying round so I think it will actually be a more difficult sell than people think to get him to move earlier than planned.

He turned down the Norway job also as it was 'too soon'.

Paddy Powers web site had this gem :-)

Could Solskjaer really take over at the Villa? Maybe.

Could he teach Agbonlahor how to finish? Surely impossible.

:lol:

Ok, im from Norway, right now i would have taken Solbakken, the new wolves manager over Solskjaer as he has proved more and actually got Copenhagen into champions league. Solskjaer has done a good job at Molde wich indeed is a small town but also has one of norways richest men giving them money. Solskjaer used a lot of money considered it was the norwegian tippeliga, but when that is said he bought young and talented players so i guess he is building for the future and that is what we should be doing. Still i dont think he is ready for the PL for the time being.

Many years ago when Wimbledon played/existed in the PL they got Egil "Drillo" Olsen as manager, besides Nils Arne Eggen, the man who got Rosenborg famous and in the champions league year after year and had wins both against Real Madrid and ac Milan, propably the man who knows most about football in norway and the man who made the Norway national team great in the 1990s and a lot of players into the PL. "Drillo" didnt make it and Wimbledon got relegated, sucsess in one league and for the national teams doesnt necessarry mean sucsess at a different league or even time. If you want a norwegian manager you should go for Nils Arne Eggen he would make every player play in black soccer boots with white logo, he demanded that of his players in his legendary Rosenborg era. :)

Ok, im from Norway, right now i would have taken Solbakken, the new wolves manager over Solskjaer as he has proved more and actually got Copenhagen into champions league. Solskjaer has done a good job at Molde wich indeed is a small town but also has one of norways richest men giving them money. Solskjaer used a lot of money considered it was the norwegian tippeliga, but when that is said he bought young and talented players so i guess he is building for the future and that is what we should be doing. Still i dont think he is ready for the PL for the time being.

Many years ago when Wimbledon played/existed in the PL they got Egil "Drillo" Olsen as manager, besides Nils Arne Eggen, the man who got Rosenborg famous and in the champions league year after year and had wins both against Real Madrid and ac Milan, propably the man who knows most about football in norway and the man who made the Norway national team great in the 1990s and a lot of players into the PL. "Drillo" didnt make it and Wimbledon got relegated, sucsess in one league and for the national teams doesnt necessarry mean sucsess at a different league or even time. If you want a norwegian manager you should go for Nils Arne Eggen he would make every player play in black soccer boots with white logo, he demanded that of his players in his legendary Rosenborg era. :)

Bah! What do you know?!!! :winkold:

Yes, he's said he want to give it a couple of years there. He has just qualified them for the Champions league qualifying round so I think it will actually be a more difficult sell than people think to get him to move earlier than planned.

He turned down the Norway job also as it was 'too soon'.

Would read too much into the national team rejection. Mourinho has consistantly turned down the Portugal job because he says its the job you take at the end of your career. Perhaps OGS feels the same. Youre not going to develop as a manager/coach by taking a national team job in your early 40s.

I think OGS is achievable because we are a huge step up and an opportunity to get his hat in the ring when Fergie finally decides enough's enough.

Don't come on here with your facts and considered opinion, don't you know this is a place for wild speculation, conspiracy theories and unfounded arguments??

He'll be the greatest manager we've ever had. Simples.

If it turns out to be OGS then I like the move. Whether a Premier League job is too early for him at this stage of his career is a very good point, but I'm glad we're targetting a guy who is young and on the up rather than in decline.

Having learnt from one of the most successful managers in the game can't be bad on a CV either.