General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I don't mind how we play as long as we get back to winning ways

1-0, 6-5 it really doesn't matter

May sound weird but i'd love to see villa win 6-5. Would be a great game of football. Remember that cup semi final when we won 6-4 against Blackburn - pure entertainment for all.

Really hope Lambert brings something like that to Villa. Win or lose at the end of the day i just want a bit of excitement.

Tbh I think we are still traumatised by last season

The club could have appointed Iain Duncan Smith and a good % would be happy

Only if he turned up the volume

I know for 100% fact tht Martinez was approached for initial talks just like OGS was by Lerner/Faulkner and his agents told Lerner he was interested but wanted to see what happened with LFC first which was when the move broke down. I'm led to believe that Martinez's agents then approached Villa again after Martinez knocked back LFC but Villa had moved on by then however this last bit is from a different person who doesn't have a proven track record.

The only reason I know about what happened between your club and Martinez is because obviously we were interested in him so during our involvement with him we found out from our source what happened between Villa and Martinez.

The source we have is as good as they come so I extremely confident that this happened, in fact I think Trent knows the source I am referring to from us conversing last Summer during the Downing transfer.

Indeed I do and I'd have confidence in it, as it happens I also heard from a different but equally reliable source last week exactly the same as you in regards our initial interest and his response.

I'm not so sure about the second bit you got from a different source, it could be right I don't know but the first bit is certainly what I was told.

Martinez, OGS ???

Who are they?

I only have eyes for Paul Lambert now.

:lol:

Yeh Trent I'd take the second bit with a good pinch of salt coz I'm not sure he ain't just a bullshitter throwing darts out.

I personally feel RM shot himself in the foot and ruined his Villa chances by wanting to wait for LFC.

According, to my Wigan supporting friends (yes, there are a few of them believe it or not up here!) reckon that RM feels a clearing in the woods now and wouldn't take any job coz he reckons he'd be seen as a LFC and/or Villa reject but I can only speak for LFC and HE knocked us back so I dunno how that makes him a reject?

I have a soft spot for Wigan though. The very first game I ever attended was Wigan v Chester City in a 3-3 thriller! It was the 80s and me Dad was out of work so couldn't take us to Liverpool/Everton so that had to do but they were great games and times and I still have a slight affection for them. I remember when RM signed for them as a player with the other two Spaniards.