General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

OGS is not the sort of character you want in the trenches with you when you're in a relegation scrap, which lets face it, is a distinct possibility again next season if the transfer budget is £8m

Would much prefer Ranieri

Where did this £8m come from? If it is from the poster who claimed to be a journalism student earlier you have to remember he said ir would be Lambert. You can't pick and chose bits of stories to suit youer stance.

OGS is not the sort of character you want in the trenches with you when you're in a relegation scrap, which lets face it, is a distinct possibility again next season if the transfer budget is £8m

Mate, I often stick up for you, but if the first part of this posting is a strange observation, the last four words make it completely bizarre.

OGS is the right fit for both parties. He will work extremely hard to bring decent progress and success to a second tier 'big club', so that he is in the frame when the biggest job of all comes up in a few years time.

Plus the fact I stand to make decent money :winkold:

Me too so I hope your right Trees :twisted::lol: .

Solbakken win ratio was only 22% a koln, that is terrible..

Cologne are completely dysfunctional as a club. They're like Newcastle were a couple of years back - big club, massive fanbase, over-inflated opinion of themselves, too many uncommitted high earners on the books.

They were completely unmanageable last season.

OGS - we need to take a gamble. The tired old candidates have failed. Lambert appears not to be interested. Same with Martinez.

Personally I'd prefer someone with a bit of experience in Italy or Germany or Spain rather than Norway (no offence). But what the ****, fortune favours the brave!

Ranieri who constantly wastes massive sums of money and fails to meet his objectives? think he'd be a disaster, we dont have much of a squad for him to 'tinker' with every match and no money to give him to waste.

I would feel more comfortable with Poyet with Steve Clarke to help out. I worry a bit about managers that haven't had a bad period which they have come through and gained experience to fall back on when things inevitably get a bit tough. I think that is why AVB 'failed' at Chelsea. But I obviously base this on no knowledge of how Molde played last season or how Ole handles himself as a manger. He was one of the few United players I didn't physically hate and would support him 100%. It's certainly a lot more imaginative than getting McLeish in.

CI...for the love of God, tell us where you got the £8m figure from so everyone can stop asking!!!

I think it is in the Lambert thread... some guy claims to be ITK and says we have 8m to spend.

Nothing concrete in the slightest.

So... how much have you all put on OGS being the next Villa manager? I put £20 on. I told my mate and he put £100 on haha.

Let's count how much Thetrees has cost the VT community!

If we appoint him I will admit to being wrong. Wrong about quite how low our expectations are now as a club. I knew they had dropped, I did not realise they were this low

Some players just take to management, and the fact that he's seen very effective management modelled up close for 20 odd years is why I'd be up for him coming here. Mourinho started young and unproven, obviously, as did AVB but they'd both worked with some very good coaches. That for me is more important than whether you can compare the Norwegian league and the Premier League - you could get a very good foreign manager who's CV looks amazing but they have no experience of managing in our league, OGS has this, sure not as a manager but as a coach and a very experienced player within the system. I'd say give him a chance.

The more I think about Solskjaer the more I think - yeah, why not.

Brilliant record as a player should command respect.

Managed the MU reserves for 4 years before going to Norway and winning Molde their first league.

Supervises a kids academy in his home town. (yes, obv. I'm getting this from Wikipedia)

But the point is - has done a lot with academy kids. I'm sure this is key to RL's thinking.

CI...for the love of God, tell us where you got the £8m figure from so everyone can stop asking!!!

I think it is in the Lambert thread... some guy claims to be ITK and says we have 8m to spend.

Nothing concrete in the slightest.

So... how much have you all put on OGS being the next Villa manager? I put £20 on. I told my mate and he put £100 on haha.

Let's count how much Thetrees has cost the VT community!

15 pages back or so, in this thread, there's a poster called Villanonsea (I think that's his name) who has stan from southpark has his profile pic. He said that he works at talksport and was in the room when Quiche Flores (or someone connected to Flores) called to say that he had had a phone conversation with Faulkner to declare his interest, but the interest went no further - and that £8m would be the transfer budget - with 50% of money from player sales.

That's it.

If the poster is correct, then there could still have been many misunderstandings - the person on the phone mis-heard, the person who spoke to Faulkner misheard, Faulkner only said £8m because it's a manager that has no experience in England.

Foooook knows

I hate the way it's RL/PF that seem to have to fly everywhere during these manager searches. Surely if OGS desperately wanted the job he would go to RL.

When Mourinho met Abramovich for the first time he visited him on his yacht in the med and gave him a two hour powerpoint presentation on the Chelsea squad and what was required to win the title (so the story goes).

Seems like it's Villa that have to do the selling to the candidates. Shame the way things have gone...