General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

All I would say if we go for OGS, we need a strong number two with him, Clark has been mentioned, I would even be on the buzzer to John Gregory and ask him if he wants to be part of AVFC as assistant. I think the problem is we have a few big headed personalities in that dressing room, OGS has someone stated above has possibly had it all nicey nice.

I hate the way it's RL/PF that seem to have to fly everywhere during these manager searches. Surely if OGS desperately wanted the job he would go to RL.

When Mourinho met Abramovich for the first time he visited him on his yacht in the med and gave him a two hour powerpoint presentation on the Chelsea squad and what was required to win the title (so the story goes).

Seems like it's Villa that have to do the selling to the candidates. Shame the way things have gone...

In fairness AM did the same, except it wasn't a powerpoint, he just got 11 salt and pepper pots and put them in a line far away from the top end of the table...

i remember what OGS as a player playing at Man U. He'd often start on the bench and just watch the game, noticing the flaws of the opposition defence before then coming on and exploiting them, often resulting in a goal. He had a mind for tactics, even as a player. His managerial career, whilst short, has showed his flair and ability to win and importantly his willingness to mix things up and change a system if its not working (the highly revered 'plan B'). I'd be excited with him as the new manager and would really be looking forward to the new season.

CI...for the love of God, tell us where you got the £8m figure from so everyone can stop asking!!!

It's not my figure, posted elsehwhere on VT

It's what Faulkner told Flores apparently so has to be gospel ;-)

I dont understand how people can say McLeish wasnt big enough to handle the villa job.. yet Solskjær is?

Im all for young up coming managers.. however i think someone like Martinez or Lambert would be a better choice. May as well have a punt with Martin Laursen... at least hes Villa through and through.

If he is the new manager.. then i wish him all the best.. cant be worse than Big Eck.

So by my guess the Norwegian league is probably approximately equivalent to the quality of upper league 1, lower championship. If we were courting a manager from these depths of the English league everyone would crucify Randy, but because it’s a league we rarely (lets face it NEVER) hear about suddenly it’s exciting and daring. Please no. Winning a crap league does not make you ready for the prem and having playing experience in a league is not a substitute for managing in that league. That being said if Martin Larsen is involved I would forgive a lot of that. Love that guy. :oops:

I hate the way it's RL/PF that seem to have to fly everywhere during these manager searches. Surely if OGS desperately wanted the job he would go to RL.

When Mourinho met Abramovich for the first time he visited him on his yacht in the med and gave him a two hour powerpoint presentation on the Chelsea squad and what was required to win the title (so the story goes).

Seems like it's Villa that have to do the selling to the candidates. Shame the way things have gone...

In fairness AM did the same, except it wasn't a powerpoint, he just got 11 salt and pepper pots and put them in a line far away from the top end of the table...

:crylaugh:

I dont understand how people can say McLeish wasnt big enough to handle the villa job.. yet Solskjær is?

Im all for young up coming managers.. however i think someone like Martinez or Lambert would be a better choice. May as well have a punt with Martin Laursen... at least hes Villa through and through.

If he is the new manager.. then i wish him all the best.. cant be worse than Big Eck.

I think it is a big risk, but sometimes it's more about the person than The CV. OGS is already wealthy, is a hero not just in his home country and could easily have a lucrative career in the media as a pundit. He has, however, chosen to coach Mn U reserves and obviously Molde which in itself says a lot.

Again,it I a risk, but with a strong right hand man, I think his limited ZcV shouldn't be feared. Remember where Jose started......

I'd definitely be up for OGS as manager. Totally left-field appointment but why not? Lambert and Rodgers have both had one good season in the Premiership and maybe someone can drag up a stat about how many promoted teams get relegated in not their first but their second season when all the established teams have figured them out and there's 3 new teams with a fresher "just had a really good season" feeling.

It's definitely a plus that he played for so long in the PL, he knows what it takes to be a success on the pitch and can hopefully explain it to some of our lads.

Ideally, someone like Carlos Quieros, currently coaching the Iranian national team I believe, would be great alongside OGS. Whether he'd want to play second fiddle here is a different matter, but someone like him would be fantastic.