General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

So we could have a norweignan local derby if we draw wolves in the cup - ( is norwegan isn't he?) - Perhaps he could get carew back !

We Play Wolves in a pre season friendly.

Who will be the first to ask whether there has been a letter from Fergie........ :winkold:

If it is OGS maybe Randy has another Fergie letter to add to his collection

A bad omen.

I found a more sure bet today :winkold:

who is the sure bet trees and why??

The first VTer to post about a letter from Fergie....

...if only I could have got odds :D

I would be happy with OGS as the new boss - a great appointment of a young hungry manager. Fergie said he has never met anyone who reads a game as well as OGS. (Although to be fair, he had plenty of opportunity from the Old Trafford bench!)

However, giving that half of VT seems to have lumped into him all at once, is anyone genuinely surprised that the bookies have cut odds across the board. IT DOES NOT MEAN AN EVENT IS MORE LIKELY TO HAPPEN. All it means is that the are protecting their exposure and a sudden flurry of bets on a rank outsider will imply to them that someone knows something.

As someone pointed out, we went silly on Ancellotti last summer only to realise that McLeish was on holiday on the same island.

If you win a few quid out of this guys good luck to you but these are the most volatile markets bookmakers offer and I for one will stay well away.

But we're not putting money on because the odds have suddenly shortened (Mick was favourite a day or two ago), we're putting money on because Trees knows where Randys jet is going!

The odds have only shortened because of us VTers going crazy with our spare pennies.

The fact that you mention the Ancellotti/ McLeish island visit, means that we can almost certainly trust the info that Trees gives us.

Of course, another manager could be in that area, but OGS seems like the most obvious/ viable guy there. I'll happily risk £20 if it means I might get close to £300 back!

I would be happy with OGS as the new boss - a great appointment of a young hungry manager. Fergie said he has never met anyone who reads a game as well as OGS. (Although to be fair, he had plenty of opportunity from the Old Trafford bench!)

However, giving that half of VT seems to have lumped into him all at once, is anyone genuinely surprised that the bookies have cut odds across the board. IT DOES NOT MEAN AN EVENT IS MORE LIKELY TO HAPPEN. All it means is that the are protecting their exposure and a sudden flurry of bets on a rank outsider will imply to them that someone knows something.

As someone pointed out, we went silly on Ancellotti last summer only to realise that McLeish was on holiday on the same island.

If you win a few quid out of this guys good luck to you but these are the most volatile markets bookmakers offer and I for one will stay well away.

Nail on the head. Was worth a punt at the long odds. If it is OGS is the man he's speaking to who's to say 1) he's not holding out for a better job than us or 2) we are not just testing the waters to see who's interested

Said before OGS could be a good move.

As a player was a great sub because of the way he read a game....there was a comment on here from someone from Norway who explained how he had done at Molde and that he had been given plenty of money.

Certainly a gamble, but one that could work for the best, its better than being linked to all the old names that pop up with every managerial dismissal.

Who will be the first to ask whether there has been a letter from Fergie........ :winkold:

If it is OGS maybe Randy has another Fergie letter to add to his collection

A bad omen.

I found a more sure bet today :winkold:

who is the sure bet trees and why??

The first VTer to post about a letter from Fergie....

...if only I could have got odds :D

I won that race in this thread about ten hours ago ;-)

Totally agree Rob. Just seemed to me that the constant reporting of the odds implied that it was a done deal - the bloke from Betfred on TalkShite this morning said that as little as £500 is enough to make a massive swing in these markets.

OGS could say no chance.... or yes please.

And I have absolute faith in TheTrees, as my signature will confirm. :thumb:

To the tune of 'olay olayyy, olay olayyy feeling hot hot hot' (I dunno what the song is called).

Ole Oleeee, Ole Oleeee Gunnar Solskjær!

Michael Owen released today ... maybe add him to the coaching staff as a player coach .. can teach some of our strikers how to find the back of the net and come on as sub to show them how to do it

Oh dear.

Anyway, I'd be happy to give OGS a go. Just what we need and maybe only what we can get.

Still hope it doesn't happen, only because that gobshite ITK on Twitter would be correct.