Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The MON link is an interesting one, hard to see him telling PL coming to us. Got some good friends who are NCFC fans, all of them love RL, and they were telling me that MON practically picks the Norwich squad!

The only reason we know about OGS is because of the jet. Im assuming randy wouldn`t send that to norwich or wigan.

Im sure they have met in a travelodge somewhere.

Christ finances must be bad if they're meeting somewhere they can hear couples shagging.

I really hope we move for Lambert- been my first choice for about 12 months!

Lambert/Rogers for me are both miles ahead of OGS but I have little confidence that RL and Fuckuper will be able to do a deal for either.

I just hope for all our sakes that it's not Simon Grayson or Mick Mcarthy!

Paul Lambert comes across to me as a modern day Graham Taylor and god knows we need someone to come in and breath some life into this club. And before anyone slates GT, without him we would have dropped another division and probably never seem the likes of Platt, Yorke or Mcgrath wear our C&B colours.

RL get that **** plane to Norfolk now and don't return without Lambert!

Fourth Official ‏@Fourth_Official

Paul Lambert will remain at Norwich, whilst Grant Holt will sign a new 3 year contract once given assurance Lambert is staying #NCFC

Never seen these guys wrong yet.

I have, just look at the OGS thread! :D

Norwich a much better option. He would be a fool to leave to come to us.
Yes the big worry for me now is this. How attractive as an option are we for managers at a certain level

Norwich a much better option. He would be a fool to leave to come to us.
Yes the big worry for me now is this. How attractive as an option are we for managers at a certain level

Exactly.

I am not that bothered about OGS - but the fact that a manager of small club isn't interested any longer - probably rules out people to the level (and including) Poyet.

It has to be someone with not much to loose if they take the villa job and fail. You can understand how we got to mcleish last year.......

Fourth Official ‏@Fourth_Official

Paul Lambert will remain at Norwich, whilst Grant Holt will sign a new 3 year contract once given assurance Lambert is staying #NCFC

yeah he is spot on like he was with OGS...not

Im not one of these that slate lerner and faulkner, but they have to secure lambert now. Rodgers is pretty much out of it and martinez, whilst i would like him has big holes in his game.

Have to get lambert.

I think Lambert is first choice, and always has been. I cant see how they would want OGS over him. I think the fact that OGS wasn't offered the job before he went to meet his owner speaks volumes. At the end of the day, the ITK knew **** all about OGS until the info about the plane came up, after that OGS basically did a couple of come and get me plea's, now he has changed his mind and wants to stay.

Does that sound like someone that has been offered the Villa job and turned it down or someone that has realised they are staying with their club and wanting to save face with the fans/owners?

Right, I need to spend some more time in this thread and get myself excited about it.

Before the end of the season I would have been ecstatic about getting Lambert, now it feels a tad boring. Though, I think now OGS is out of the race, he is definitely the best choice!

Go get him Randy!

Just saw the interview with Lambert from last night & he seemed genuinely p'eed off when asked about his & Grant Holt's future's.. I mean Really angry.. I would be very suprised if it's him i have to say after seeing that. I can understand it must get frustrating being constantly linked with this job & that job but it appeared to have really gotten to him...Surely it goes with the territory?

It concerned me a touch the way he reacted actually :?

One thing that has put a question mark as to whether there is something in this after all however is grant Holt's transfer request.... Does he know something & wants out as a result?