Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I wouldn't be against Lambert but if he becomes manager I really really hope he doesn't sign Grant Holt.

Yeah heaven forbid we should have two strikers who know where the back of the net is. Much rather we stuck with Gabby, he's fastish you know and supports Villa.

It's not that I think he's crap, it's just that he's 31 and would probably cost quite a bit.

With regards to Gabby, if he doesn't step up this season I think we should sell him.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be against Lambert but if he becomes manager I really really hope he doesn't sign Grant Holt.

Yeah heaven forbid we should have two strikers who know where the back of the net is. Much rather we stuck with Gabby, he's fastish you know and supports Villa.

It's not that I think he's crap, it's just that he's 31 and would probably cost quite a bit.

With regards to Gabby, if he doesn't step up this season I think we should sell him.

Yeah I know, just messing. If his transfer fee wasnt high then I think he'd be a good addition.

If you wanna play a better version of hoofball then lambert is your man... No wonder Grant Holt put in a transfer request. We'll end up flogging bent to liverpool and playing hoofball with Grant holt. Wouldnt be so bad... :D

Have you seen Norwich play the last couple of seasons? Lambert doesn't play hoof ball.

I was at Carrow Road last week where like for much of this season they played some nice stuff. 3000 of us Villa were suitably impressed and singing Lamberts name.

Doesn't 'Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue Army' seem like an age ago now..

He's the perfect age and ability to warrant a 3 year, £65k p.w. contract.

No - disagree sorry.

He scores far too many goals to warrant that sort of contract...

:lol:

what's a non-permanent approach? :P

Holt would be a terrible purchase. 31 ffs and one year in the top flight? Flavour of the season, ala the likes of marcus stewart a one hit wonder who thrives in a particular unit. Would flop spectacularly outside of that unit in my view. A reason of sorts for not wanting PL to an extent.

you never watched him play outside of norwich then, at shrews he was a class apart, sublime to watch and always knew that he was destined for bigger and better things.

No he isn't. :shock:

No he isn't. :shock:

I think you have your obvious sarcasm detector switched off ;-)

Maybe you should read this first:

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/grant_holt_s_agent_speaks_as_meeting_agreed_with_norwich_city_chief_executive_david_mcnally_after_transfer_request_1_1383514

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/grant_holt_s_agent_speaks_as_meeting_agreed_with_norwich_city_chief_executive_david_mcnally_after_transfer_request_1_1383514

Another one who seems to have missed the sarcasm :D

Another one who seems to have missed the sarcasm :D

Didn't miss it mate, just keeping you up to date with Norwich issues as it seemed relevent re. Lambert staying here.