Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

what's a non-permanent approach? :P

Holt would be a terrible purchase. 31 ffs and one year in the top flight? Flavour of the season, ala the likes of marcus stewart a one hit wonder who thrives in a particular unit. Would flop spectacularly outside of that unit in my view. A reason of sorts for not wanting PL to an extent.

They had him on loan!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be against Lambert but if he becomes manager I really really hope he doesn't sign Grant Holt.

He's the perfect age and ability to warrant a 3 year, £65k p.w. contract.

Maybe you should read this first:

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/grant_holt_s_agent_speaks_as_meeting_agreed_with_norwich_city_chief_executive_david_mcnally_after_transfer_request_1_1383514

Another one who seems to have missed the sarcasm :D

Didn't miss it mate, just keeping you up to date with Norwich issues as it seemed relevent re. Lambert staying here.

So that's your star forward putting in a transfer request allied to your manager remaining positively non commital every time the subject of his own future is raised?

I can definitely see a scenario where both remain at Carrow Road, but that will be as much to do with lack of interest from elsewhere, rather than your Chief Exec playing hardball.

I'd be very worried giving a guy that old anything like the contract he would be after.

I know he's had a good season but he's got to be on the decline soon.

He'll be after a last big money move surely, and I could see it turning out like Heskey all over again.

I wouldn't be against Lambert but if he becomes manager I really really hope he doesn't sign Grant Holt.

He's the perfect age and ability to warrant a 3 year, £65k p.w. contract.

Maybe you should read this first:

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/grant_holt_s_agent_speaks_as_meeting_agreed_with_norwich_city_chief_executive_david_mcnally_after_transfer_request_1_1383514

Another one who seems to have missed the sarcasm :D

Didn't miss it mate, just keeping you up to date with Norwich issues as it seemed relevent re. Lambert staying here.

So that's your star forward putting in a transfer request allied to your manager remaining positively non commital every time the subject of his own future is raised?

I can definitely see a scenario where both remain at Carrow Road, but that will be as much to do with lack of interest from elsewhere, rather than your Chief Exec playing hardball.

In the 3 years that Lambert and our CEO have been here, not once have they ever replied to speculation.

Until it becomes official nothing will be said.

This is from "The Pink Un"

Holt’s agent, Lee Payne, told BBC Radio Norfolk on Monday morning that Holt’s shock transfer requested, which was put in on Friday and immediately rejected by the club, was not prompted by a row over wages.

Payne said other issues had arisen “in the past couple of months” which had prompted Holt’s decision, but said the 31-year-old striker, a three-time Player of the Season with City, did not want to leave the club.

So according to this, Holt put in a transfer request BUT he does"nt want to leave the club ????

Maybe he should play for a girls team ?

Fourth official just tweeted: "No approach has yet been made for Paul Lambert by Villa so no need to worry about that one #AVFC #NCFC"

and as ITKs go, he extremely reliable.

I'd be very worried giving a guy that old anything like the contract he would be after.

He'll be after a last big money move surely, and I could see it turning out like Heskey all over again.

Agreed, but he would cost far more in transfer fees than Heskey did.

Agreed, but he would cost far more in transfer fees than Heskey did.

This is from "The Pink Un"

Holt’s agent, Lee Payne, told BBC Radio Norfolk on Monday morning that Holt’s shock transfer requested, which was put in on Friday and immediately rejected by the club, was not prompted by a row over wages.

Payne said other issues had arisen “in the past couple of months” which had prompted Holt’s decision, but said the 31-year-old striker, a three-time Player of the Season with City, did not want to leave the club.

So according to this, Holt put in a transfer request BUT he does"nt want to leave the club ????

Maybe he should play for a girls team ?

I'm only speculating but could this be a sign of MON style man management tactics? Build players up to run through brick walls for you, then they start to believe theyre own hype and want to piss off to a bigger club.

I dunno, I'm purely speculating, unless it is related to that rumour about Tierney. Might also prompt why Morison was used sparingly towards the end of the season and Wilbraham started getting game time.

Either way, I'd still have Lambert first choice, then Soldkjaer. Not keen on Di Matteo, Martinez or Rogers as managers.

Ah the old Morison/Tierney rumour - someone on here has been reading the Pink 'Un!

Tierney got injured at the turn of the year, then played a reserve game, had a reaction and was out again. Got back "fit", played another reserve game and injured himself after 30 minutes. Morison went through a stage where he was playing on an despite an injured ankle (with injections). Played 90 mins for Wales in March & did himself no good, hence why he's been used primarily off the bench since. Bearing in mind they've been pictured laughing & joking together the rumour of some shennanigans between one and the others wife is ridiculous.

Unfortunately Morison has become a bit of a target for some of our more cerebally challenged fans. Initially they didnt like the fact he was playing ahead of Holt - then even when he was scoring goals he was lazy. Then he stopped scoring goals and was useless & lazy. It all came to ahead hen he was abused face to face by a drunk fan in the Gunn Club after one particular home game.

Hurry up & appoint OGS - I want my money!!

The worry is definitely that we will have missed out on a fantastic manager. 'The next big thing' as I've called him before. I'm excited by the other journey we might be about to embark on too though. And I know we can't have everyone at the club!

It purely press speculation about Lambert, there is no evidence from either club to suggest Villa are interested in him.

There hasn't been any indication from the Villa that they are interested in anyone. Martinez is connected because of what Whelan said last year, and Solskjaer because of what started on here.

The Villa don't give anything away.