Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Though, I think now OGS is out of the race, he is definitely the best choice!

If it was a two horse race between those two then in all fairness he always was the better choice. Yes there was the excitement of the slight unknown about Ole and a 45 minute youtube video that showed him in a good light but aside from that Lambert wins hands down.

What he has achieved at Norwich the last there years with in a very, very tight budget is nothing short of remarkable. Two back to back promotions and a very credible Premiership finish whilst playing a nice brand of football. At 42 he is the right age, comes across as highly ambitious with a winners mentality, gives the impression he stands no **** about and would for me instantly command the respect of the players.

He would be the perfect fit for us. If we haven’t approached him then serious questions need to be asked of Lerner and Faulkner.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambert said last night (after the celtic game) he is happy at norwich and isn't looking to leave ..................highly unlikley IMO
On a radio interview after the Celtic game, Lambert never exactly said '' I am happy at Norwich and I am not looking to leave''. He said that ''I don't want away, don't ask me''. As in he don't want to go away from Norwich....he never said he 'won't go', he did'nt want to.

So, can we read between the lines on this ?

Some of us in our careers were in a situation where we did not 'want to go' but we did go as it was in our best future interests.

So, if could we read between the lines on this, we do not know what Paul Lambert will do. Never say never.

Randy can and has worked in mysterious ways and surprised us.

Lambert said last night (after the celtic game) he is happy at norwich and isn't looking to leave ..................highly unlikley IMO

That was one peed off interview he gave, had a right go at the journalist.

I am going to stick my neck out and say Lambert is our nr 1 choice and he wants to come (no I am not ITK).

His remarks in that interview are very telling.

Transcript (read in a peed off Scottish brogue!!):

"There is no point asking me. I am telling you I am not answering it. I know what is going on but this is Adam's game," Lambert said in the post-match press conference.

"It is not about Grant, it is not about me, it is about Adam Drury.

"This isn't the night for those questions. Don't ask me negative things about me or Grant.

"I am delighted I am at Norwich if that is what you are asking.

"I have never said a word that I want to get away. Not a thing and people jump to conclusions about what I say or don't say."

Transcript (read in a peed off Scottish brogue!!):

"There is no point asking me. I am telling you I am not answering it. I know what is going on but this is Adam's game," Lambert said in the post-match press conference.

"It is not about Grant, it is not about me, it is about Adam Drury.

"This isn't the night for those questions. Don't ask me negative things about me or Grant.

"I have never said a word that I want to get away. Not a thing and people jump to conclusions about what I say or don't say."

Interesting choice of words with "I am delighted I am at Norwich if that is what you are asking." and "I have never said a word that I want to get away. Not a thing and people jump to conclusions about what I say or don't say."

I think we're still in the game of getting Lambert.

I love how,

"I have never said a word that I want to get away."

means he must be on his way...

Maybe you should watch the interview?

Words mean nothing without context! 8)

Look Paul Lambert hates the media, he gets easily riled by them and yesterday was that day. I would not read anything into what he says to the media.

Nail on head

And believe me after 3 years of him being here we know.

I would say you've no chance of getting him now, but you won't believe that.

Look Paul Lambert hates the media, he gets easily riled by them and yesterday was that day. I would not read anything into what he says to the media.

Nail on head

And believe me after 3 years of him being here we know.

I would say you've no chance of getting him now, but you won't believe that.

Hence why I also don't think he's the right man for the job, because if he makes errors like MON did, then our fans are quick to turn and I think PL would take the shit AM took or even half of it.

I believe that, I think he'll probably speak to Villa if we approach.. but that's about as far as it will go.

Agreed.

We seem to have no real ambition to do anything. There doesn't seem to be a plan or vision.

This will turn off managers like Lambert in the position he is in now.

I love how,

"I have never said a word that I want to get away."

means he must be on his way...

Must be a Football thing, like how everyone I speak to thinks England are going to win the Euro's...

...because the pressure is off them...

...because no one thinks they will win the Euro's.

:?

We would have a lot to do to persuade Lambert that Villa would be a better proposition than Norwich after what has happened in the last two seasons.

We have gone from being a top six side spending money and planning for the future, to relegation fodder desperately trying to downsize the squad and wage bill and just stay in the league. Even if Randy can spend a bit of money you'd still presume that this would be a one off to lure a new manager and season on season after that we'd have no money or ambition other than to survive. And i hope this isn't the case but i wouldn't be surprised.

Flip Lambert doesn't look a happy bunny in that video. Looks a right misery guts.

I'm not sure he'd fit enthusiastic, young manager if he handles the players like he does the press!

Flip Lambert doesn't look a happy bunny in that video. Looks a right misery guts.

I'm not sure he'd fit enthusiastic, young manager if he handles the players like he does the press!

Someone put up a video of him at the norwich end of season awards, he is not like that with the players.

But the likes of richard dunne need to be put in their places anyway.

But the likes of richard dunne need to be put in their places anyway

True but I'm just saying Villa have become it would seem a bit more media friendly these days.

Even the young players are groomed to give practice interviews with the club. To have a manager who appears to "hate the media"

then I'm not sure he'd fit the profile.

But then again I've always had my doubts because he supposedly models himself on MON and I'm not so sure Lerner & Co would

like another re-run.

Having said all that if Villa played next season - the type of football Norwich have played this season under him in the future then I don't think

any of us would moan too much as long as we got some results to boot.