Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Norwich boss Paul Lambert opens the door to Aston Villa

http://bit.ly/JsFTix

Sorry, but don't pin your hopes on that article.

Its a joke and even I would say, damn right old lies.

Wiz, There is no evidence that Villa have actually approached or even want Lambert,it is only the obvious press speculation,the Villa Board are going about their business saying nothing to the media.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if the article is more than just tripe, which I doubt, then it would be interesting to see what Lerner would make of Lambert supposedly falling out with the board over summer spending plans.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy with Lambert but is he a little too much like MON in terms of prickliness to get on with RL & PF's plans for us.

Norwich or Lambert have never answered or spoke on speculation........in this case, I wish they would. :?

I know there is a whole host of speculation on there re OGS and Martinez amongst others.

My gut feeling is that Lambert is Lerners number 1 choice and Lambert wants to come. That is not based on anything other than a gut feeling and the general comments being put in the public domain.

Hey Wiz, mind answering my question from previous page: "Does he use dour counter-attack hoofball tactics ala Martin O'Neill or is that just a misconception?"

No, he doesn't, his teams play on the deck, he's his own man imo, I hope that answers jspuds question too.

Hey Wiz, mind answering my question from previous page: "Does he use dour counter-attack hoofball tactics ala Martin O'Neill or is that just a misconception?"

No, he doesn't, his teams play on the deck, he's his own man imo, I hope that answers jspuds question too.

Thanks for that. Hopefully after 85 pages, we can finally put the idea that he's MON MKII to bed.

Norwich boss Paul Lambert opens the door to Aston Villa

http://bit.ly/JsFTix

Sorry, but don't pin your hopes on that article.

Its a joke and even I would say, damn right old lies.

Wiz, There is no evidence that Villa have actually approached or even want Lambert,it is only the obvious press speculation,the Villa Board are going about their business saying nothing to the media.

I just find it very odd, that for the whole weekend there has been constant talk of Ole, and then out of no where a paper runs a story making it known that Lambert is interested.

Of course there isn't any quotes for the story, but i would not be surprised if Lambert's agent had a word with someone, just to make it known an approach would be welcomed.

Hey Wiz, are you still confident in PL staying put?

Odd that reports are "suggesting" that he will be speaking to Villa Mon/Tues but nothing either denying or confirming this from either club.

From a selfish POV I would love to see Lambert as Villa's manager but I think the majority would prefer OGS and I guess so would the Norwich fans.

Odd that reports are "suggesting" that he will be speaking to Villa Mon/Tues but nothing either denying or confirming this from either club.

From a selfish POV I would love to see Lambert as Villa's manager but I think the majority would prefer OGS and I guess so would the Norwich fans.

As another Norwich fan I'll answer that - Personally yes I am. I have a couple of "contacts" who are confident of this which is partly where my confidence comes from!!

I don't think the stuff in the press today about him holding talks with you or being unhappy with next years budget are true. I would imagine if you had approached us we would have put something out to say as much, and I doubt he's unhappy with next years budget as our board have publicly said he'll be getting £10m more than last year and hes constantly said he knows the constraints within which he has to work at NCFC

I really hope OGS gets the job at Villa, partly because that leaves PL with us but also because after seeing some stuff on here early Thursday I got some 33-1 on him, and then some 7-1 yesterday after the media's translation skills let them down! Free football at Carrow Road for me next season (and a couple of away trips too) if OGS is your man!

I really hope OGS gets the job at Villa, partly because that leaves PL with us but also because after seeing some stuff on here early Thursday I got some 33-1 on him, and then some 7-1 yesterday after the media's translation skills let them down! Free football at Carrow Road for me next season (and a couple of away trips too) if OGS is your man!

Haha, that's great. Hope you win.

The general consensus in Norway is that OGS is heading to Villa if we come with an offer. So it is a matter of what Lerner perfer.

I would also be happy with Lambert and Martinez, but my main hope is Solskjær. He has done a great job in Molde, beating the financial rich Rosenborg, in his first attempt.

Good luck with your bet :)

Much as I can see why people are getting excited about Ole, I still think Lambert is the right man for the job. Quite honestly I'd be happy with either, but unless we're going to give Ole some money to shape a team with I think Lambert is a smarter choice.

So we speak to Ole and things go sour at his current club. How would Norwich fans feel about Lambert if he speaks to us and doesn't get the job?

Imagine if MON, as our manager, had been turned down for the Liverpool job. I wouldn't want him back. Bit of a hot potato.

Norwich or Lambert have never answered or spoke on speculation........in this case, I wish they would. :?

I know there is a whole host of speculation on there re OGS and Martinez amongst others.

My gut feeling is that Lambert is Lerners number 1 choice and Lambert wants to come. That is not based on anything other than a gut feeling and the general comments being put in the public domain.

^^^^^^^^^^

This

Although if Ole is ready to sign - will he go through the upheaval to get Lambert ? - thats where I think we are at.

I actually think Fridays statement 'we are speaking to a number if candidates '- is true and not some elaborate ruse.

For me those in the frame are:-

OSG

Lambert

Martinez

Benitez

Kmac

So we speak to Ole and things go sour at his current club. How would Norwich fans feel about Lambert if he speaks to us and doesn't get the job?

Imagine if MON, as our manager, had been turned down for the Liverpool job. I wouldn't want him back. Bit of a hot potato.

PL isn't one to let ssentiment get in the way of what he feels is best for him and most Norwich fans realise that he will move on at some point. Realistically, unless we get some overseas investment, then the best he's likely to do with us is mid table prem finishes and the odd challenge for the Carling/FA Cup and he's certainly more ambitious than doing that for the rest of his career

In the event (unlikely imo as I've said before) he talks to you, then doesnt get the job, he's professional enough to remain focussed on what he's doing at NCFC and keep doing it to the best of his ability

In a word yes.

We play Celtic Tuesday night, if he's here that may tell you something.