Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

BBC WM Sport 95.6 ‏@sportbbcwm

Rego here, Paul Lambert is Villa's candidate of choice. They will be asking to talk to him 'imminently'. More tomorrow morning on 96.6FM

2nd interview is tomorrow apparently with RL & PF in attendance. PMd Stan Balaban earlier when he said Villa hadn't approached Norwich.

It's not 100% done that he'll be joining us though... but it's looking likely.

Personally I think Norwich have been messing Villa around letting him even speak to us...hence the delay..

and Lambert did not look well chuffed with his lot at the last PC neither.

If he's on £800K at Norwich then Villa will presumably double that at least.

Was surprised to hear a while ago that Villa were in for him because if he is MON Mk II then I would have not expected

Lerner to have wanted him at the club... however as I don't know the guy personally then I would hope the club have

done their homework. Maybe he's the best bits of MON without too much of the other. One can hope.

As someone else has posted... Lambert to me will offer discipline, stability AND will hopefully sort out the tactics for set pieces

and defending. Under MON we did much better defending and attacking regarding set pieces.

did you not see norwich defend last season? Only the relegated teams were worse and norwich were the most shambolic team to play at villa park last season.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Sky, which I don't trust, states we're approaching Lambert.

Some journalists have tweeted that the manager will be in place by the weekend.

Is it that simple, what has happened to the other two candidates?

A week ago everyone was saying "Welcome Ole" - it was a done deal, remember?

That was a little bit more than a week ago I think Mike and alot has happened since then and rumours from both Norwich & Villa have

filterered back to VT.

I never said welcome ole :winkold:

Been out all afternoon, pleased to see the thread reopened, expect the thread title to change soon!

A week ago everyone was saying "Welcome Ole" - it was a done deal, remember?

That was a little bit more than a week ago I think Mike and alot has happened since then and rumours from both Norwich & Villa have

filterered back to VT.

I never said welcome ole :winkold:

Been out all afternoon, pleased to see the thread reopened, expect the thread title to change soon!

Paul Lambert (no longer interested) thread :lol:

BBC WM Sport 95.6 ‏@sportbbcwm

Rego here, Paul Lambert is Villa's candidate of choice. They will be asking to talk to him 'imminently'. More tomorrow morning on 96.6FM

2nd interview is tomorrow apparently with RL & PF in attendance. PMd Stan Balaban earlier when he said Villa hadn't approached Norwich.

It's not 100% done that he'll be joining us though... but it's looking likely.

Personally I think Norwich have been messing Villa around letting him even speak to us...hence the delay..

and Lambert did not look well chuffed with his lot at the last PC neither.

If he's on £800K at Norwich then Villa will presumably double that at least.

Was surprised to hear a while ago that Villa were in for him because if he is MON Mk II then I would have not expected

Lerner to have wanted him at the club... however as I don't know the guy personally then I would hope the club have

done their homework. Maybe he's the best bits of MON without too much of the other. One can hope.

As someone else has posted... Lambert to me will offer discipline, stability AND will hopefully sort out the tactics for set pieces

and defending. Under MON we did much better defending and attacking regarding set pieces.

did you not see norwich defend last season? Only the relegated teams were worse and norwich were the most shambolic team to play at villa park last season.

Try and take this on board.. 4 of their players last season had played in League 1 and every other player in their side was Championship quality. Of course their defending wasn't up to Premier League standard..

TBH I can't remember the set pieces against them but I Do remember thinking what a very decent footballing team they were even though we beat them.

We just played really well at VP that day for once!

Last game of the season at Carrow Road was just a complete joke. They were ALL over us.

Neither team seemed that bothered about defending TBH neither.

We were actually the most shambolic team to play at VP last season.

Anyone who regards themselves as ITK and get upset when they are questioned come over as KH.
? Kh?

I wondered that too.. but then I just started laughing about the queue in Tescos ITK and then just gave up.

TBH I can't remember the set pieces against them but I Do remember thinking what a very decent footballing team they were even though we beat them.

We just played really well at VP that day for once!

Last game of the season at Carrow Road was just a complete joke. They were ALL over us.

Neither team seemed that bothered about defending TBH neither.

we didnt even turn up at carrow rd. the lads were already on the plane that day so to speak.

I didnt think that highly of them at villa park. we were lucky they gifted us a goal with some comedy defending

Anyone who regards themselves as ITK and get upset when they are questioned come over as KH.
? Kh?

I wondered that too.. but then I just started laughing about the queue in Tescos ITK and then just gave up.

I think I will see the quote about the important-looking-man-in-the-suit in my head every single time CI ever posts again.

I'm really happy about this, but theres seems to be a lot moan, moan, moan, moan on here about Lambert (and pretty every other manager bar OGS). No wonder people call us fickle. This manager is a class act, he has performed absolute miracles at every club he has been at so far and won the champions league as a player.

KHV, Norwich worse team at VP last season? Must have not watched Blackburn and QPR. Norwich were unlucky perhaps not to get the draw in the end. They absolutely trounced us at Carrow road, could have been 4 or 5 that game to them. Also look at there center backs, championship class at best. Lambo has similarities to MON, but you put that question to many a Norwich fan, they will disagree. I lived in a house full of Norwich fans, I ask them if he is a carbon copy of MON, they say not at all. This guy rotates, brings on 3 attacking subs when he needs to change a game, they were the masters of coming from behind in league 1 and the championship, he is a very good tinkerer and tactician. Whenever Norwich were 1-0 down at half time always used to stick a bet on them to win, as it was the case most of the time. Sure his demeanour is like MON and some things on the pitch may be similar (but that could apply to a lot of managers), but Lambo is very much his own man. He isn't MON MKII.

peter lansley ‏@LansleyTimes

Paul Lambert walks out on #ncfc after bust up on being refused permission to talk to #avfc who will now look to appoint him as new manager

Trusted journo from The Times.