Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MON mark II

Still MON was a popular manager at the club so can hardly fault the club in that respect.

A bit meh really. A couple of good cup runs maybe and top half finish at best is what we are looking at.

Is take that! He was my number 1 choice. Although when OGS was pretty much a certainty I warmed to him. I've also got him at 7/1 so have a vested interest in him becoming next boss!

MON mark II

Still MON was a popular manager at the club so can hardly fault the club in that respect.

A bit meh really. A couple of good cup runs maybe and top half finish at best is what we are looking at.

Is take that! He was my number 1 choice. Although when OGS was pretty much a certainty I warmed to him. I've also got him at 7/1 so have a vested interest in him becoming next boss!

I had £5 on him at 8/1 as an insurance policy when OGS was odds on. 8)

I might be missing something here but where have Aston Villa or Faulkner said anything?

From what i can see, no. I seen the "Villa will approach PL in within the next 24 hours" on sky sports website, but i can't find anything backing that up.

Honestly ...how many people have said today?

Welcome Paul

We're hiring Paul Lambert.

Nobody listened did they!

People (me included) can't come on the board & tell people how they know sometimes you just have read what they've posted!!

A week ago everyone was saying "Welcome Ole" - it was a done deal, remember?

If he comes, it's a good choice, and it's a good move for Lerner who needed to sort out a royal mess. It's more impressive come to think of it that he might have *actually* produced a smokescreen (if so, credits to you Gazton!)

But, People are allowing themselves to run away with football dreams of total football, transfer fantasy lands and total "AMBITION!" bullshit endless debates.

If we get him, and I would be very impressed if we did because we are NOT an attractive club to come to from the cushy job he has at Norwich, there are two important things:

a) Lambert will get us competing in football matches again. For three points.

B) If we sign Grant Holt I couldn't give a **** as long as he helps us get aforementioned three points.

Lerner, your move. Make it the right one for **** sake otherwise it's 70% likely to end up McLeish panic mark II.

BBC WM Sport 95.6 ‏@sportbbcwm

Rego here, Paul Lambert is Villa's candidate of choice. They will be asking to talk to him 'imminently'. More tomorrow morning on 96.6FM

2nd interview is tomorrow apparently with RL & PF in attendance. PMd Stan Balaban earlier when he said Villa hadn't approached Norwich.

It's not 100% done that he'll be joining us though... but it's looking likely.

Personally I think Norwich have been messing Villa around letting him even speak to us...hence the delay..

and Lambert did not look well chuffed with his lot at the last PC neither.

If he's on £800K at Norwich then Villa will presumably double that at least.

Was surprised to hear a while ago that Villa were in for him because if he is MON Mk II then I would have not expected

Lerner to have wanted him at the club... however as I don't know the guy personally then I would hope the club have

done their homework. Maybe he's the best bits of MON without too much of the other. One can hope.

As someone else has posted... Lambert to me will offer discipline, stability AND will hopefully sort out the tactics for set pieces

and defending. Under MON we did much better defending and attacking regarding set pieces.

Holt and Bent together.. I have no idea if that'd work or not.

A part of me says they're too similar. Another part of me says not, seeing as Holt is more of a target man (and we all saw how well Bent played when McLeish forced him to be a target man..).

Holt holding up and and laying the ball off the Bent to finish... could work nicely.

I can't see Lambert signing Holt though. In fact, can't see him signing anyone from Norwich, but I suppose incoming managers always want to bring someone with them - and Holt did hand in a transfer request...

A week ago everyone was saying "Welcome Ole" - it was a done deal, remember?

That was a little bit more than a week ago I think Mike and alot has happened since then and rumours from both Norwich & Villa have

filterered back to VT.

I just hope he doesn't come in and wipe the slate clean like McLeish did. Some players have just got to go.

And me although It could be the case that whoever comes in can't shift the likes of Warnock, Dunne and Collins because of their wages. Am I right in thinking they are all out of contract at the end of next season anyway?

I'd be well happy with him. Was having a look at the Norwich team that beat us on the last day of the season and every single one of their players were playing championship football last season and 4 of them had been with Norwich since they were in League 1. Say what you like about him, but if he can get villa punching above their weight and "having a go" like he has with Norwich, I think most people should be happy with that

I might be missing something here but where have Aston Villa or Faulkner said anything?

From what i can see, no. I seen the "Villa will approach PL in within the next 24 hours" on sky sports website, but i can't find anything backing that up.

Honestly ...how many people have said today?

Welcome Paul

We're hiring Paul Lambert.

Nobody listened did they!

People (me included) can't come on the board & tell people how they know sometimes you just have read what they've posted!!

That being said you were also making noises only a day or two ago re moyes....

That being said you were also making noises only a day or two ago re moyes....

With respect......

I did because there were rumours before AM was sacked about Moyes as MM has backed up, but I also posted

that there were rumours from the day after the Norwich game that Lerner was talking to the Norwich board

about Lambert - which I posted ages ago.

I've also heard rumours about other candidates like Poyet & RDM

So have other VT posters also!!! Sad to say some won't post ITK because they say they'll get abuse!

I am still not convinced PL has been the NO 1 choice all along as I also said if you read what I posted.

I was specifically asked yesterday who I thought it would be and I answered the hunch was Lambert and I also posted because of the intel over the past week or so adding up (to us interviewing him this week

aka Thursday)

Obviously I would surmise because tomorrow MAY have something to do with contract dates.

I have NEVER been told that a deal for Lambert was 100% in the bag because as far as I know..... it isn't ... but with tonight's happenings it's looking likely.