Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Not sure how true this is :

Paul Lambert will hold talks with Aston Villa early next week as the club extend their search for a new manager.

Norwich boss Lambert has been contacted by the Midlands club and is expected to hold talks on Monday.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/252068/Aston-Villa-set-up-Paul-Lambert-talks/

We have not given you permission to speak to him.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is willing to talk to us then we'd be **** bonkers not to. The guy has done an unbelievable job at Norwich for 3 years. I just don't see that Norwich will let us speak with him though.

Our CEO has already said we won't. :)

As much as I think Lambert is a class manager I do hope we sign OGS instead. Not only because it could be the breath of fresh air our club sorely needs, but also because I like Norwich and I think they would struggle next season without Lambert and the fact that us, WBA and Liverpool are all looking for a new manager it would be a real ballache for them to replace him.

If he is willing to talk to us then we'd be **** bonkers not to. The guy has done an unbelievable job at Norwich for 3 years. I just don't see that Norwich will let us speak with him though.

Thing is, if Lambert wants to go then they may be forced to let him talk. Us Villa fans know as much as anyone that you can't keep unhappy staff, whether it's playing staff or managerial staff. If someone wants to leave then chances are they will.

FWIW... I think you will keep him.

Lambert leaving Norwich will be more down to Lambert wanting to leave and kicking up a fuss, rather than your CEO letting clubs talk to him.

it isn't nice unsettling managers of other clubs is it?

If you look at the players Lambert has had to work with he has done a really good job and they have had some good wins and performances this season, OGS would be a big gamble but also a breath of fresh air, you'd hope he would get rid of the old guard at Villa who have been attributed with so much negativity in the last few seasons, Warnock, Collins and Dunne - not sure how much of it is true - but i doubt many would cry if they all left.

Thing is, if Lambert wants to go then they may be forced to let him talk. Us Villa fans know as much as anyone that you can't keep unhappy staff, whether it's playing staff or managerial staff. If someone wants to leave then chances are they will.

FWIW... I think you will keep him.

Lambert leaving Norwich will be more down to Lambert wanting to leave and kicking up a fuss, rather than your CEO letting clubs talk to him.

Sadly, I agree.

WIZ....WIZ....WIZ

Just to get your attention .... how would you describe Paul Lamberts style of football?

Always goes for a win, even pulls key defenders off to put more strikers on, we even had 5 in one game!!

Never settles for a draw, exciting and reckless at times...but never dull.

Likes the passing game.

WIZ....WIZ....WIZ

Just to get your attention .... how would you describe Paul Lamberts style of football?

Always goes for a win, even pulls key defenders off to put more strikers on, we even had 5 in one game!!

Never settles for a draw, exciting and reckless at times...but never dull.

Likes the passing game.

Cheers mate, that would explain the goals conceded and the lack of clean sheets. :lol:

He's certainly a much more effective manager than our last clown, but on balance I hope he stays at Carrow road and continues to do a good job for you.

The balance of speculation now seems that Lambo at least wants to talk to us. (Daily Mail) - Reports that he isn't happy with next season budget (ironically if thats true - it could count against him)

The way I see it:-

Lambo

seems to have a knack of turning chaotic clubs around very quickly

Would be a massive presence at the club - he won't just coach the first team

but

His defense stats aren't great - even more concerning when he has a top notch keeper

Is he about to experience second season syndrome ?

OGS

The excitement of the unknown - has really captured the imagination

lots of work with young players

Highly tipped as a top manager

but

untested at this level

Much is made of his time at united - but weve seen Brian Kidd, Roy Keane, rated just as highly - only to 'bomb' at PL clubs. In fact the best manager to appear from under fergie is Steve Bruce.

Would IMHO be more of a dressing room manager, than Lambert.

Has he got the experience to ship out the old guard ? - but bring in new senior pro's - get them organised in a short time frame and on a budget - its a massive task

I can't call it - I guess it will come down to T&C'S. Id be very pleased with either. If both are available and comes to straight choice - I think they will go for lambert. The board are then covered - as the fans chanted 'paul lamberts claret & blue army' at Norwich.

I think its straight choice between these two. I only see a couple of ther possibles

Martinez - really hope he gets the liverpool job - wrong bloke for us

FSW - I could live with that - but no matter where he goes - theres always speculation linking him to his next job.

if the fact that he appears miserable and plays too direct like MON (who got us 6th consistently) are the only negatives then he's obviously quite a strong candidate...

am pretty sure KHV said defensively thy were poor and that was main reason he didnt want him and i tend to agree. they got a good few hidings in last season

Lambo

seems to have a knack of turning chaotic clubs around very quickly

Would be a massive presence at the club - he won't just coach the first team

but

His defense stats aren't great - even more concerning when he has a top notch keeper

he wasnt a keeper