Stan Petrov

LondonLax

It's very sad to read back through those posts, it's never right that people in the prime of their life are struck down with such horrible illness. 

One of my friends was diagnosed with a brain tumour, aged 25 at the time. He lasted until 27, such a terrible shame as he was one of the nicest people you could wish to meet. Most of our group at the time were off our heads going clubbing all over the country, taking silly risks with our lives in the pursuit of fun. Our friend however never did any of that, he didn't smoke only drank and would do anything for anyone. 

Sometimes life isn't fair and karma doesn't always balance out. 

I'd say 10kg is an exaggeration, but yes he does look a little overweight as a couple have mentioned before.

But like I said previously, another month of rigorous pre-season could easily shed those off.

And also, being slightly (emphasis on slightly) over weight doesn't mean he can't still be match fit. 

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Being overweight didn't stop Flabby playing and he has a tenth of the technical ability that Stan has.

It has stopped him playing.  It just hasn't stop him appearing.

• Like 2

To be brutally honest, he looked way off the pace. With his current fitness he is still a mile away from being able to cut it for 90 minutes, even 45 minutes in the Championship.

But as has been mentioned above another month or two to shed a bit more weight and you never know!

I would love to see him back next season personally.

To me he looks a tad overweight for a footballer. The good thing is he never relied on speed..  whether he can last a game.. i doubt it.. he still has time to get his fitness up. 

Would still give him a contract. Feel good vibe alone would be tremendous. Great for the squad.. fans love him.. theres enough negative vibes just with Lescott warming up for a match. Worth it even if he just comes on for 20 minutes if were 3-0 up in a game. Would be amazing to see the reaction from both sets of fans.

4 hours ago, KSV said:

To me he looks a tad overweight for a footballer. The good thing is he never relied on speed..  whether he can last a game.. i doubt it.. he still has time to get his fitness up. 

Would still give him a contract. Feel good vibe alone would be tremendous. Great for the squad.. fans love him.. theres enough negative vibes just with Lescott warming up for a match. Worth it even if he just comes on for 20 minutes if were 3-0 up in a game. Would be amazing to see the reaction from both sets of fans.

Would be amazing to see Villa 3-0 up in a game.

**** knows what would happen if you combine that with a Petrov cameo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Would be amazing to see Villa 3-0 up in a game.

**** knows what would happen if you combine that with a Petrov cameo. 

A return to the dark ages of football at the end of the game possibly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KSV said:

He won't be starting games, I'd be fairly certain of that.

Cameos in the last 10 minutes...why not.

51 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I wouldn't expect to see him in a competitive game until maybe January time I think.  Give him plenty of time to get fit and up to speed.

I think that is totally unfeasible.  If we are to have a smaller squad of players and we have two games a week we will need every squad member to play an active part right from the start of the season.  Waiting until January until someone may or may not be able to play a competitive game but give them a squad place anyway is not something i think the club should do or Petrov would want.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

I think that is totally unfeasible.  If we are to have a smaller squad of players and we have two games a week we will need every squad member to play an active part right from the start of the season.  Waiting until January until someone may or may not be able to play a competitive game but give them a squad place anyway is not something i think the club should do or Petrov would want.

I didn't say we have to give him a squad place.  I imagine he will continue to train with us and then prove his worth and maybe get a squad place in Jan. I can't see him being a regular for us in anyway.

Â