Stan Petrov

LondonLax

On 13 July 2016 at 07:38, TrentVilla said:

Telhe thing with Stan is the younger players love him, I mean love him.

They look up to him, respect him and admire him to a man. I know this because I've seen and been told it first hand.

When he came back as a coach he was brilliant with them, gave them so much and did so much for him.

At a time when we have some less positive role models in the senior players ranks I think we need Stan and a few of the young lads could do with his influence.

I know people will say he could give that as a coach and we could sign better, I get where they are coming from and they have a point.

We could probably sign a younger player but what I feel we need is a few of the right old heads at the club.

It seems Stan will always be a devisive player on VT.

Good post....but i don't think Stan has ever been a divisive player maybe in his earlier times with us, but thats all....but he laid that ghost years ago.

sometimes its a case of mixed opinions.....we all love Stan and we all want the dream to happen and if it does he could contribute to the other dream of us getting promotion....its about multiple dreams.

Stan has his own dream of playing for us again.....but i know he would not play for us if he thought he would mar our chances of promotion....such is the man.

we all want Stan to make it on merit and not sentiment.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Sorry that is revisionism, there were many who didn't rate him right up until his diagnosis.

Ok, I wasn't aware of that.

for my part, always rated him as a player and more importantly as a man/ human being.

Stan has gained much support for his illness and rightfully so.....but even if he never had the illness.....He is a top man and so is his devoted wife Paulina.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sorry that is revisionism, there were many who didn't rate him right up until his diagnosis.

put my hands up and say I was one and though im not going to 100% change that opinion, the crap that have called themselves midfielders in his absence meant maybe I underrated him a good bit

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ok, I wasn't aware of that.

for my part, always rated him as a player and more importantly as a man/ human being.

Stan has gained much support for his illness and rightfully so.....but even if he never had the illness.....He is a top man and so is his devoted wife Paulina.

Is Stan's wife from Thailand?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Is Stan's wife from Thailand?

I knew it, i knew it ,i knew it was coming

no paulina is a top woman.:)

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, Tayls said:

Just had to look at this, went and had a look at what were seemingly his last few posts in VT, I obviously never met the chap, but, devastating. Got pretty emotional actually. What a fella. 

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/3478-general-chat/?page=989

was flicking through the posts after reading this, I guess a weird curiousity. Post from June of that year ffs. 

41 minutes ago, Rodders said:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/3478-general-chat/?page=989

was flicking through the posts after reading this, I guess a weird curiousity. Post from June of that year ffs. 

Crazy. Assume you mean the one on that page where he's pondering what it would be like to have a terminal disease?

Barely 2 months before he was diagnosed. 

Barely knew him, but I think about him a lot. Especially as I'm now 30 too and given recent family events.

:(

I'll never forget Ad. Hope his missus and her kid are getting on ok.

As for Petrov. Only a really miserable and nasty kind of person can be actively negative about this instead of supporting Stan and hoping he gets there.

To me Petrov is like the England Cricket Captain late 70s (Mike Something).  He wanst the best cricketer and on playing ability didnt deserve to be part of the Engand Cricket Team but he was a great Captain and organiser which England needed and was missing at the time.

Having Petrov around the squad will be a good thing to help guide and encourage the other players (especially the younger ones).  Seeing Lescott and Gabby are our senior pros this is no bad thing at all.  Hand around shoulder or boot up backside Petrov can provide that, He should become Club Captain.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Crazy. Assume you mean the one on that page where he's pondering what it would be like to have a terminal disease?

Barely 2 months before he was diagnosed. 

Barely knew him, but I think about him a lot. Especially as I'm now 30 too and given recent family events.

:(

Yes that is a frightening post given its context :(  The poor guy had no idea.  I think about them all quite often too and I think the named threads in here are a great way of keeping them around.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yes that is a frightening post given its context :(  The poor guy had no idea.  I think about them all quite often too and I think the named threads in here are a great way of keeping them around.

Probably really obvious - but where is this located please BOF?

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Probably really obvious - but where is this located please BOF?

It's on this page half way down from irreverentad.  If the link doesn't jump you down the page it's the one that starts "I hope not as I am 30!!"

7f092189dc34a28313a09255817697a0.png

1 hour ago, BOF said:

It's this one from irreverentad.  If the link doesn't jump you down the page it's the one that starts "I hope not as I am 30!!"

I'm not sure that's the right link, BOF. There's no post from irreverentad on that page.

I was wondering how posters knew that he had passed away. Is there a thread about him/others that I'm missing?

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I'm not sure that's the right link, BOF. There's no post from irreverentad on that page.

I was wondering how posters knew that he had passed away. Is there a thread about him/others that I'm missing?

Stupid URL generation on this thing isn't working.  Post above edited now.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

It's on this page half way down from irreverentad.  If the link doesn't jump you down the page it's the one that starts "I hope not as I am 30!!"

7f092189dc34a28313a09255817697a0.png

Ahhh apologies - I wasn't being very clear. I thought you were referring to a page dedicated to Irreverented...

I saw his final posts, did he change his display name though? 

Â