Stan Petrov

LondonLax

I personally think for morale, it's worth signing him to a 1/2 year deal. Perhaps some sort of player coach role? He is the perfect player to mentor some of the younger players.

The thought of him coming on in the 85th minute of a game is awesome. The reception would be deafening. The feel good factor it would bring troughout the club would be tangible. 

Edited by pas5898

7 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I personally think for morale, it's worth signing him to a 1/2 year deal. Perhaps some sort of player coach role? He is the perfect player to mentor some of the younger players.

The thought of him coming on in the 85th minute of a game is awesome. The reception would be deafening. The feel good factor it would bring troughout the club would be tangible. 

He's already had a coaching role at the club.

If he doesn't make it as a player then I've no doubt he'll continue in some sort of coaching capacity

Just now, Stevo985 said:

He's already had a coaching role at the club.

If he doesn't make it as a player then I've no doubt he'll continue in some sort of coaching capacity

ohh i wasn't aware. Thanks for that.

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

As an unattached player, we can sign him at any point during the season can't we?

Registering a player can only be done during the windows, regardless of attachment. 

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Registering a player can only be done during the windows, regardless of attachment. 

not true in the Championship though, lot of loans are done during the season and dont have a size limit on the squad

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not true in the Championship though, lot of loans are done during the season and dont have a size limit on the squad

I stand corrected. In that case there really is no need to be hasty about any decision, which can only be a good thing :thumb:

21 hours ago, villa_southerner said:

He is wanted around the club with his character and experience, I believe he will be offered a role coaching the youngsters but will come down to what Stan wants to do.

Doesn't he already have a "coaching role"

Roberto Di Matteo today paid tribute to Stiliyan Petrov but revealed our former skipper would not be offered a contract.

The Villa boss praised Petrov’s integrity, determination and character and has offered him the opportunity to remain at Bodymoor Heath in a different role.

Di Matteo said: “Stiliyan is an inspiration to all of us. 

“I have spoken to him and explained my thoughts and offered him the chance to remain at the Club.

“Stiliyan is going to discuss this with his family before coming back to us.”

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/20/petrov-update

Roberto Di Matteo today paid tribute to Stiliyan Petrov but revealed our former skipper would not be offered a contract.

The Villa boss praised Petrov’s integrity, determination and character and has offered him the opportunity to remain at Bodymoor Heath in a different role.

Di Matteo said: “Stiliyan is an inspiration to all of us. 

“I have spoken to him and explained my thoughts and offered him the chance to remain at the Club.

“Stiliyan is going to discuss this with his family before coming back to us.”

Link

Fair play to him and the club for giving him the chance. Neither could do anymore. The fact he has fallen at this hurdle is no big deal. The fact he got this far is remarkable. I hope he sticks around in a coaching capacity.

• Like 4

Legitimately angry at the news. It would not hurt to have him in the squad. He does not have to play 90 minutes every game or really at all. Let him be the locker room general, our Juwan Howard (NBA). That role is important even if he does not touch the field. 

Â