Martin Petrov
Gareth Barry
Stiliyan Petrov
John Bishop
Habib Beye
Carlos Cuellar
John Terry
Shay Given

Certainly should be a few laughs with that squad.Can't wait to see Jamie Redknapp, Chris Kamara and Paul Lambert taking the field!

he looked really good and was a bit emotional when he was telling about his illness. also said some funny things when he was on teh show

Did you see Robbie Fowler? The bloke looked like he was about to burst into tears when Petrov was talking.

Very moving interview; wouldn't wish what Stan has had to go through on anybody

• 2 weeks later...

From 1000 BST on Tuesday, Victoria Derbyshire will talk to Stiliyan Petrov, the former Aston Villa and Celtic midfielder, forced to retire from football after being diagnosed with leukaemia. You can get in touch with your questions by going to the 5 live website, or by emailing victoria@bbc.co.uk

From 1000 BST on Tuesday, Victoria Derbyshire will talk to Stiliyan Petrov, the former Aston Villa and Celtic midfielder, forced to retire from football after being diagnosed with leukaemia. You can get in touch with your questions by going to the 5 live website, or by emailing victoria@bbc.co.uk

Did anyone catch a listen to this?

• 2 months later...

Great to see him looking so well and in top form as well. He is a real character. Loved to have had him in this Villa side in his prime as his leadership qualities could have been invaluable and he'd of been a great role model for the likes of Westwood.

The bit Petrov said in the AVTV interview about O'Neill telling him he didn't think he would make it in the prem, 6 months into being at Villa, was really interesting.

Just that story on it's own should be enough to show people not to write off new signings too quickly...

Edited by myko
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

He might have suggested him but it's up to Lambert and the scouts to do proper research on the player. If he just went by Petrov's word (love the guy) then he can only blame himself.

Bumping the Petrov thread with anything other than news of his return to the coaching set up? Not cool.

I'm not a fan of making up threads to say one thing, and I'm not sure where else it was most fitting...I just searched for Petrov.

I just wanted to express missing the guy, I think the team miss him a lot.  If he was at his best in this current team, it would gel so much better.

Petrov always done the jobs that nobody else wanted to do, the thankless shit that kept the team ticking over...we need that now.

Bumping the Petrov thread with anything other than news of his return to the coaching set up? Not cool.

I'm not a fan of making up threads to say one thing, and I'm not sure where else it was most fitting...I just searched for Petrov.

I just wanted to express missing the guy, I think the team miss him a lot.  If he was at his best in this current team, it would gel so much better.

Petrov always done the jobs that nobody else wanted to do, the thankless shit that kept the team ticking over...we need that now.

I was only pulling yer leg mate. At ease. :)

(I miss him too)

I was only pulling yer leg mate. At ease. :)

(I miss him too)

Yeah all good mate, I just know some don't like bumping old threads either...so sometimes you can't win when you wanna post something ;p

No bother at all, Petrov was one for many who you "don't know what you've got until it's gone".

Â