Stan Petrov

LondonLax

To be honest, just to have him on the training pitch working alongside the players I think is a real bonus.

I don't care if he's even just putting out the cones , if I was a player every time I train id look across and see a guy who has been through hell and back, loves this club and still lives for the game.

If he's in the changing room before and at half time, I'd think of everything this guy has been through to be sat here giving me encouragement so I'm gonna listen and make sure I don't let him down.

It's a great idea from Sherwood in many ways. Respect to him for that.

Fixed for you.

Whoops! Slight typo there

I think despite what the manager says for the time being he will be at the club as a "mascot" of sorts, for moral and likely to offer little pointers where he can without an official role while they figure out where he fits. They want to look after him and obviously see something in him even if they are not sure what that might be yet. 

If there is ever room for sentimentality in football then it is at times like these. However, I am also sure he will contribute positively.

When its fighting spirit you are looking to display.....what better person to be in your midst.

• Like 3

Welcome back Stan!

He will have the respect of the players as he has played at the top level for club and country recently. He will always have the support of the fans here as he also has at Celtic. The appointment is a good one for him and for us. I cannot see any negatives here and I wish him the very best on his return to first team involvement.     

• Like 2

not that im against it but its a brilliant political move by Sherwood as it will definite benefit his relationship with the fans. 

Sherwood brought in a few coaches so I doubt Stan be having a major impact on things but he can be a soundboard to the players as most will have played with him or seen him around the club

I met him last Sunday - he'd been working at the Albion game on Saturday night, played for his Sunday league team in the morning and came to my nephews club for midday. He was polite, interested and just a thoroughly decent fella - he made an eight year olds day. A top bloke.

I had you down as older than 8

I am close to someone who knows him well....but I don't know him personally.

Quite apart from his coaching skills and his fight for life....he is one nice fella

from what I'm told from a very reliable source ,Stan is genuinely a hell of a good guy and was exactly the same before his illness....those sort of people create charisma and people want to do well for them.

with a Football club that needs all the positivity it can muster, I'm just pleased he will be around the place as an asset to all.

Edited by TRO

• 4 weeks later...
Â