Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

This is a disaster for City.

They now have two unscheduled games to get into their schedule and they already have a schedule that's pretty much packed out.

If they or another team have a Covid delay in the coming weeks, we could be left with a situation where Citeh are forced to play four games in eight days.

The main beneficiary of all this might be our lovely neighbours - I think City might let the FA Cup go.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

They now have two unscheduled games to get into their schedule and they already have a schedule that's pretty much packed out.

If they or another team have a Covid delay in the coming weeks, we could be left with a situation where Citeh are forced to play four games in eight days.

The main beneficiary of all this might be our lovely neighbours - I think City might let the FA Cup go.

I would fancy a City youth team to win that one!

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

small heath will still find a way to lose. 

You’re right though, something’s got to give. They won’t want to quit the CL, and they need to qualify for next year’s through the PL. I just hope that our rescheduled game with them comes at a time when they’re exhausted from the fixture congestion. I’d like to see some recompense for the Villa Park drubbing in January. 

Our not-rescheduled game with them is on the same date as the FA Cup semi final - we might yet end up playing them twice in four days at the end of the season.

In fact, if City were to reach the FA Cup final, including the two they already have, they'd need to reschedule five league games.

Somehow I feel that if City where to come against a team struggling with Covid issues later in the season the FA would make sure that game is still played on the date it was scheduled.

The FA is creating a huge problem for themselves and the clubs by postponing games. This is another Covid season that will end up with an asterisk next to it. Trying to make things "fair" now will only end up making it unfair later down the season.

From what I understand, the FA did not say "oh, lot's of positive tests in City's team, let's postpone the game". Rather, they were advised to postpone it based on medical advice. Who that medical advice came from (e.g., external sources, medical personnel within the FA/City) I don't know, but how much say the FA had in this may not have been much at all. 

23 minutes ago, a-k said:

From what I understand, the FA did not say "oh, lot's of positive tests in City's team, let's postpone the game". Rather, they were advised to postpone it based on medical advice. Who that medical advice came from (e.g., external sources, medical personnel within the FA/City) I don't know, but how much say the FA had in this may not have been much at all. 

hope its not from Pep as going by his medical history as a player they might need to drug test every player ;) 

Really think the premier league have made a rod for their own back by postponing our Newcastle game which gave them no choice but to do the same for city.

Think with the size of the squads, including youth squads and them supposed to be training in smaller bubbles it should have been possible to put a team out. I thought the rules were that if you had 14 players you had to play? 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

That tested positive? That would suggest to me they could have had a squad of 14 including youth 

Yes tested positive. Ederson, walker, rhodri, cancelo, jesus are the ones i definitely know. 3 other players plus 2 staff.

I agree, they could definitely field a team, and z decent one at that

• Like 1

Â