Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is it 17 straight wins now?

• Huge favourites for the league
  • In the league Cup final
  • Still in the FA Cup
  • Still in the Champions league

They could you know.

Yep, they could be first to win the lot.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is it 17 straight wins now?

• Huge favourites for the league
  • In the league Cup final
  • Still in the FA Cup
  • Still in the Champions league

They could you know.

They could, looking very impressive but I don't think they will as they'll hit some bad luck. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they went out in the CL to a dodgy call or unlucky goal despite dominating the game. 

Although, KDB and Kun will be back soon so you'd expect them to find yet another gear. 

Would be impressed if they did get all 4 and it would rub salt into Liverpool fans wounds after their nonsense about Liverpool being the best champions ever last year and being all set to dominate for the next decade. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

It was 2-0 😉 

It was hard to see them beating us until that first goal though.

Ideal scenario until we can challenge or they eventually revert to their mean as a club is that they win every PL season (since they will always have far fewer obnoxious fans than the other contenders) but never win the CL (as, like when Spurs came close, it's more prestigious for us to belong to a smaller group of English clubs who have won the European cup).

• Like 1

With Man City, you have that pure genius quality feel. They are that good.

With Liverpool, even last season, it was never a team I'd fear of playing. Really good, top side but not a side that will run you over.

Man City over the last 3 years are a far superior team to plop. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

It was hard to see them beating us until that first goal though.

I maybe remember it wrong but I recall them knocking at our door constantly.

70% possession, 23 chances and 28 shots.

Not impossible we’d have hung on for a 0-0 though if it wasn’t for that (legal, but the rules are shit) goal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

With Man City, you have that pure genius quality feel. They are that good.

With Liverpool, even last season, it was never a team I'd fear of playing. Really good, top side but not a side that will run you over.

Man City over the last 3 years are a far superior team to plop. 

I agree with this.

Man City when they are in the mood and everything clicks are terrifying. 

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not impossible we’d have hung on for a 0-0 though if it wasn’t for that (legal, but the rules are shit) goal.

Yes sorry, wrong choice of words. They were knocking on the door but it felt (at least to me) that we would keep them at bay, if not even nick an unlikely win ourselves (we had a few great chances to do so).

Edited by fightoffyour

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

Think it was the 79th minute they scored as well and they were for City starting to run out of ideas that game

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That 100 point City team was the best in the PL era I think. They were imperious. Damn near 4-0 every week. Not sure if this season's incarnation will eclipse that.

They wont get 100 points but if they win the champions league it will eclipse it

11 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Although, KDB and Kun will be back soon so you'd expect them to find yet another gear. 

I don't think we'll ever see Aguero back, he's closer to going back home/retiring than he is making a substantial impact for this team now.

40 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I don't think we'll ever see Aguero back, he's closer to going back home/retiring than he is making a substantial impact for this team now.

He's back in training. He might not be at the levels he once was but if they get deep into Europe I'd expect him to want to be involved. 

Also, don't ruin the idea of seeing him playing alongside Messi next season. 

20 hours ago, Genie said:

The goal has been now considered as illegal - as we all knew at the time but the FA had to try and protect their precious referees. Two weeks later they confirmed it was an error, you know, after the noise had died down.

it was the 79th minute, the game had become quite open at both ends and we’d begun to make some great chances, the McGinn air shot comes to mind.

So yes, we were cheated out of that result all ends up.

• Like 3

Â