Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sorry what? are we in the same conversation but Jesus is an absolute average centre forward. Benteke did more at Villa with a lot less

Jesus 42 in 104 or Benteke 42 in 90 playing for a shitter team

Benteke was a  great signing for Villa but Jesus is still 23 and 18 international goals and 69 in 154 games overall for Man City so better than average imo

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Benteke was a  great signing for Villa but Jesus is still 23 and 18 international goals and 69 in 154 games overall for Man City so better than average imo

average for City is different than average for Villa. Jesus is nowhere near Aguero level the best striker in City history

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

average for City is different than average for Villa. Jesus is nowhere near Aguero level the best striker in City history

True but I think hes been better than Ballotelli and about on a par with Džeko who of course were previous managers signings

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

True but I think hes been better than Ballotelli and about on a par with Džeko who of course were previous managers signings

well nobody compared to them players but Dzeko is a hell of a better player than Jesus and Balotelli had a better goal record for City than Jesus

5 hours ago, penguin said:

They are missing Silva and prime Fernandinho massively. 

The amount of control they imposed was so important. Rodri is probably a little better on the ball but nowhere Fernandinho’s level off it. Foden undoubtedly talented but still very raw and he doesn’t have the ability to dictate the tempo like Silva did, more of a goal-scoring midfielder then the string-puller they need.

Yeah I agree with that, they've gone more loose in central midfield so teams can break through them more quickly if they can win the ball back.

Have to say everytime I watch them I look at Bernard Mendy and he plays like Cissokho used to play for us. Wild crosses that constantly go out of play all the time and think Cissokho was better one v one defender. Even his "assist" for the Sterling goal was just passing straight to Leeds CB.

Left back feels like a position they just can't get right and it's regularly being exposed. Delph played there regularly in their 100 point season but he was only ever a stopgap and was out the next season. Zinchenko o.k but no world beater and seemingly out of favour now. Laporte can play there but you need him centrally with their other options e.g. John Stones.

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes. He absolutely is

But it's an argument that will always get thrown at him because he will never have to drop down to clubs at that level. He has shown he is an excellent manager for big clubs so he'll continue to get jobs at big clubs. If he left Man City he could get a job at pretty much any club in the world if the opportunity is there.

Would managers like Pulis and Wagner have had the success Pep has had if they'd managed Barcelona, Bayenr and Man City instead? I highly doubt it. 

On the other side of the coin.Would Pep have the same success as Pulis and Wagner if he managed the clubs that they did ?!

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

On the other side of the coin.Would Pep have the same success as Pulis and Wagner if he managed the clubs that they did ?!

That's what you asked originally and I answered yes. He probably would have. He'd have probably been far better

• 2 weeks later...

I'm suprised more hasn't been raised about they way Aguero had his hand on the neck of the Female lino yesterday. 

MOTD talked about it and called it "uncomfortable" 

I don't know if it's something that should be taken more seriously because she's a woman but I've never seen something like that with a male lino. 

At least he should have been booked, is it not a bookable offence to lay hands on a official?

She took it well to be honest, just shrugged him off and kept here eye on the ball and carried on with her job. 

It was at best weird and at worst extremely concerning. Opened up a window into his mind for me. 

Edited by sidcow

On 04/10/2020 at 12:58, LondonLax said:

They could use Douglas Luiz. Let’s hope they don’t decide to recall him in January (or tomorrow!). 

Edit: wrong Luiz!

I'm concerned by this as well. I think he'd slot straight into their midfield at the moment.

I only hope we've got potential replacements under consideration when the inevitable happens.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

True, but it’s all managers isn’t it? More than 3 or 4 years in the same job extremely rare.

Yes but most managers have not been as lucky as Pep to inherit a legendary squad at Barcelona, and massive buying power at his next two clubs. He has never really had the worry of trying to fit square pegs into round holes, or to manage another season or two out of ageing legs.

• Like 1

Â