Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

13 hours ago, will87 said:

Foden's a leftie so you could go:

Kane

Rashford    Grealish    Foden

It's one way of getting both Grealish and Rashford in as I can't see Rashford not playing.

Southgate plays 5-2-3 doesn't he with two holding midfield players so unless he changes to a back 4 Jack will have to occupy the left side attacking role or the right side, and that  means dropping Sterling or Rashford. I don't like it but cant see Southgate changing. 

41 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Southgate plays 5-2-3 doesn't he with two holding midfield players so unless he changes to a back 4 Jack will have to occupy the left side attacking role or the right side, and that  means dropping Sterling or Rashford. I don't like it but cant see Southgate changing. 

Do you develop a system to complement your best players or do you find the players to complement the system? I know where I stand, especially with a large pool of talent like at international. 

Ive been critical in the past so credit to Pep he finally has am organised defence. It might have took him 12 years and the budget of a small countrynut he did it 😉

I think they will win the league by 15 or so points

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He does and it's quite remarkable. It's so clearly incorrect it comes across as sabotage.

We could win the Euros and you won't convince me we wouldn't have been better off any other formation.

It suits no one except Conor Coady who obviously shouldn't make the squad but probably will.

There's going to be some very undeserving players in that squad because Southgate has decided he likes them. Pickford, Maguire and Dier certs to start laughably.

• Like 2

apparently City have offered De Bruyne a new contract which is on less wages than he would currently receive, prioritizing Messi could be bad for the rest of the squad as apparently he is unhappy

On 08/02/2021 at 14:57, Tomaszk said:

He does and it's quite remarkable. It's so clearly incorrect it comes across as sabotage.

We could win the Euros and you won't convince me we wouldn't have been better off any other formation.

It suits no one except Conor Coady who obviously shouldn't make the squad but probably will.

There's going to be some very undeserving players in that squad because Southgate has decided he likes them. Pickford, Maguire and Dier certs to start laughably.

we should be playing a central two of Stones and Mings on current form, Maguire can step in if you want a bruiser for a game. Konsa should be next in line. Coady is just so unnecessary.

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

we should be playing a central two of Stones and Mings on current form, Maguire can step in if you want a bruiser for a game. Konsa should be next in line. Coady is just so unnecessary.

The two best centre halves in the country are Konsa and Tarkowski for me.

Neither will probably have a cap after the Euros are over.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

can’t say i’ve seen enough of Tarkowski regularly to judge, but either way the 3 centre backs with 2 DMs is horrifying. we’ve more than enough at centre back to play to our strengths!

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Stones is playing really well right now

Dias is the league's best CB but with his age its hard to imagine it's him making stones better 

Maguire is a clown, not only then stupid stuff but he also overplays, pushes up in to parts of the pitch where he ruins the balance of the team, maguire doesn't see himself as the bruiser he seems to think he's some sort of CB CM hybrid, the ball playing defender stuff gone to his head, your CB taking the most touches on the pitch and a heat map that covers left midfield should not be celebrated 

But if they're both fit it's hard to imagine we won't have a defence that features those 2, hopefully gomez styas injured, scary to think that he's 2nd or 3rd choice for Southgate 

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

apparently City have offered De Bruyne a new contract which is on less wages than he would currently receive, prioritizing Messi could be bad for the rest of the squad as apparently he is unhappy

There are rumours that the next TV deal will be smaller than the current one - it'll be interesting to see what effect this has on wages, there might be some interesting times ahead.

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

i thought city had a high bonus related wage structure with what may be surprisingly low, 3 players in the top 10 (KDB, sterling, aguero) but then the next best paid player is Fernandinho who is the 26th highest paid player in the league

they dont have a messi, ronaldo, neymar, mbappe type £500k+ a week player, de bruyne is rumoured £350k a week, if messi comes asking for £1m a week i dont see them doing it, maybe a few surprise guest appearances at a sheik's daughters birthday party will be thrown in...but its a huge jump from what they have in place

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Messi probably sign a new deal at Barcelona 

after someone mysteriously leaked his contract despite there only being a supposed 4 copies of it? and then angling the leak to make him look like a dick who is to blame for all of the clubs financial woes?

i think barca have played their hand

but no one else is paying him half of what he currently earns, maybe they'll cook up some new fan-dangled contract that give him bigger rights over his image but then you'd have to balance that with forecasted growth of the fanbase and those glory hunting bastards sticking around after he's gone

the only place he could get a pay rise is if the MLS can do it 

Â