Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

It's not the defenders who are the problem, its the midfield.  They play so high, if you can beat that midfield with a 1-2, or a tight triangle, you'll end up 3v3 or 3vs in most instances.

His whole game plan is to press so high the opponents can't get out of their own half, if they figure it out (like Leicester did), they're very beatable.  

Of course, your defence needs to be playing well because in possession they'll just break you down and score, but if you can get that bypass in place, you'll have opportunities of your own. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes we know it's not the way you like to play, so did Leicester - and thats why they hammered you. 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

I absolutely hate this type of complaining, the opposition played to our weaknesses, shame on them.

Same. It's such a bizarre attempt to claim some kind of moral victory. 

Boo hoo a side with a fraction of our quality and financial clout didn't play us in the same way we play. Particularly when it's not like they burgled a 1-0 result they **** hammered them.

• Like 3

It was more the simple brilliance of Vardy that City could not cope with. Defence had an arrogance about them as well which fell flat on its arse when the ref decided rugby and football are completely different games. 

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I absolutely hate this type of complaining, the opposition played to our weaknesses, shame on them.

11 men behind the ball - scored 5 goals! 

• Like 1

On 28/09/2020 at 10:36, lapal_fan said:

It's not the defenders who are the problem, its the midfield.  They play so high, if you can beat that midfield with a 1-2, or a tight triangle, you'll end up 3v3 or 3vs in most instances.

His whole game plan is to press so high the opponents can't get out of their own half, if they figure it out (like Leicester did), they're very beatable.  

Of course, your defence needs to be playing well because in possession they'll just break you down and score, but if you can get that bypass in place, you'll have opportunities of your own. 

Yes the difference is they are not working so hard at regaining the ball like they used to. Watching the way Liverpool did it against Arsenal, there was much more intensity. 

With what he’s achieved why would he go to a lower level?

its a bollocks that he’s done nothing because of the talent he’s had available and it’s bollocks that he should prove himself at grimsby

file that in the same draw as messi is overrated because he hasn’t left barca 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Plays with 11 men behind the ball and yet score 5. 

Edit - just see @Xela made this exact comment. Can't believe I've sunk to your level! 

I drag everyone down eventually! 

Â