Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

How am people finding the Guardiola revolution then?

I know it's early days but have to say apart from some interesting tactical formations I can't say Man. City have been better to watch than the football they played in spells under Mancini and particularly Pellegrini. When they were in the mood Man. City could blow away teams...they've only done that this season against Stoke, Bournemouth and first half v Man. United (and even then they could've drawn).

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It is almost as if Pep isn't the greatest manager ever to walk the face of the earth after all. Just as some predicted would be the case when he came to this country.

Or maybe he can't implement all his ideas within one transfer window and what...14 games? 

• Like 4

I don't think he's doing a great job, but then I don't know that he's a great coach. Enrique is average at best and Heynckes was past it. But they showed you can still win being a mediocre/good coach, and having the best team will make you look great. 

It'd be nice to see Pep test himself. Some say this is a big test. It's not. It's his biggest test. But it's not a big test. Taking the best squad in the league and spending £200m makes it a very, very easy job.

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

14 games gone, in the top 4, 4 points from top, qualified out of the Champions League group stage.

Pretty good i'd say for a new manager in a new league trying to build a new team. 

he has a 50 million defender he wanted who looks like the 2nd coming of Liam Ridgewell, a 40 odd million winger who looks poor so far and he playing as wing back. a goalkeeper who looks all over the place and a winger who is as headless as Navas

I dont think I be trusting him to build a new team based on his signings ;)

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Or maybe he can't implement all his ideas within one transfer window and what...14 games? 

If he was a good as the hype and his paycheque then he would have implemented all of his ideas.

If he needs 6 transfer windows and half a billion quid then he's only really proved he can do what many other managers could also do.

Â