Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Problem was people got over excited by his beginning. The problems were there last season for City. it will take him a couple of years to build a title winning team.

Really? They arguably had got the strongest squad in the league when he took over and he's spend a load of money. A couple of years won't be acceptable to the owners in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Do feel for Kolarov, because there's simply nothing you can do if you're slower than someone and they have 40 yards of space to get in behind you. If he were in Chelsea's back 3, we'd probably be talking about how good he's been.

Some guy on reddit predicted how Vardy would destroy Pep 7 months ago. He said he guarantees Pep will play a high line against Leicester which Vardy will easily expose. Guess what happened? If some random redditor can figure that out, I can imagine other managers know how to beat Pep. 

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has pleaded guilty to drink-driving, but says he had not "intentionally consumed alcohol".

The 33-year-old accepts he was "above the permitted limit", and did not challenge the charge.

The Ivory Coast international was fined £54,000 and banned from driving for 18 months by Barkingside magistrates.

"It is well known that I am a Muslim and do not drink, said Toure. "I have always refused alcohol."

Toure was driving in Dagenham in east London at the time of the offence last month.

He pleaded guilty to the charge on Monday, but did not say in his Facebook statement how the alcohol got into his system.

In his statement Toure added: "Drink-driving is a serious crime and even though I was not intentionally consuming alcohol I accept the ban and fine and I would like to apologise for this situation."

The Ivory Coast international was recalled to the Manchester City squad earlier this month after apologising for "misunderstandings" relating to comments made by his agent Dimitri Seluk.

We have all been there Yaya.  I can't remember how many times I have gone out, had a glass of Coke and came back steaming drunk.

I don't expect anything less than this from the fraud tbh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38299308

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in fairness he got the excuse off a former team-mate

joyaya.jpg

Probably the wrong thread but that clearing in the woods was punditing on Sky the other day. How? How can anybody take a single word he has to say seriously? Relegation was 'a weight off his shoulders', that's all you'll ever need to know about him. 

On 12/11/2016 at 12:51, Xela said:

Really? They arguably had got the strongest squad in the league when he took over and he's spend a load of money. A couple of years won't be acceptable to the owners in my opinion. 

yes i do, barring a not getting champions league disaster he'll get time, they'll want his stamp on the yoof set up meaning that he shouldnt be judged for a while yet but our media are desperate to say that english football broke him 

i think they need a new RB, LB, another CB, another holding midfielder and another striker

you look at the team he played vs leicester and question why he played a stupid defence, kompany as always was injured, so was otamendi whos shit anyway, that leaves him with john stones who we all know what people think of him and 19 year old tosin adarabioyo...for a club with a £500m squad to have that kind of depth at CB is criminal but thats the reality of most positions, its a really poor squad

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We have all been there Yaya.  I can't remember how many times I have gone out, had a glass of Coke and came back steaming drunk.

I don't expect anything less than this from the fraud tbh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38299308

Only Allah can judge him now

On 12/13/2016 at 14:17, villa4europe said:

yes i do, barring a not getting champions league disaster he'll get time, they'll want his stamp on the yoof set up meaning that he shouldnt be judged for a while yet but our media are desperate to say that english football broke him 

i think they need a new RB, LB, another CB, another holding midfielder and another striker

you look at the team he played vs leicester and question why he played a stupid defence, kompany as always was injured, so was otamendi whos shit anyway, that leaves him with john stones who we all know what people think of him and 19 year old tosin adarabioyo...for a club with a £500m squad to have that kind of depth at CB is criminal but thats the reality of most positions, its a really poor squad

But that's also down to him, isn't it? He obviously knew there would be problems at the back. Instead he spent £85m on forwards and buys 1 defender. He signed Alves and Pique in his first season at Barca and the best defender he's signed since then is probably Maxwell or Adriano, which says it all. 

The excuses I'm hearing for him are essentially "I know he's spent £180m, but to be fair he needs another £150m to be competitive". Nonsense. Chelsea have David Luiz and Victor Moses as defenders. The issue is tactical arrogance. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

But that's also down to him, isn't it? He obviously knew there would be problems at the back. Instead he spent £85m on forwards and buys 1 defender. He signed Alves and Pique in his first season at Barca and the best defender he's signed since then is probably Maxwell or Adriano, which says it all. 

The excuses I'm hearing for him are essentially "I know he's spent £180m, but to be fair he needs another £150m to be competitive". Nonsense. Chelsea have David Luiz and Victor Moses as defenders. The issue is tactical arrogance. 

nail on head, any decent manager going into a club builds from the back unless they have a super defence. Newcastle last season were all over the place and Benitez came in and made a defence with Coloccini and Dummett more solid and harder to break down

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That Patrick Roberts lad can hardly get off Celtic's bench nowadays. Was getting game time at 17 with Fulham before a £12m move to Citeh.

No doubt he is on a very good contract, which is all that counts.

Half way through the season, 23 appearances and 8 goals :lol:

11 points clear top of the league, tore his parent club apart in the Champions League.

TBF he can't do much more really!

Â