Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Stones might just prove to be the biggest hype job in English football history. So what he can with the ball, he is shite at everything else. 

is he actually even that good on the ball?  he needs add muscle on him as well

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Again, I wouldn't be too harsh.  I don't think there are many worse teams in the world to be a man down against than Barcelona.  I've read posts from people using it to somehow question Guardiola as a manager or even confirm(ing their bias...) that he's going to fail.  Yes, plenty of facepalming being done after last night.  It's a defeat.  To Barcelona.  In Barcelona.  That's all it was.

Barca lost 2 defenders in 1st half through injury and replaced them with average backs. a world class manager would have exploited that by putting their best striker on at half time even though was no excuse for not starting him

then putting him on when game was over.  Guardiola is the most naive defensive manager since Tim Sherwood

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 21:19, Zatman said:

absolute shambles so far :crylaugh:

I thought they were alright for first 50 minutes...missed some decent chances which Aguero would've buried which makes it baffling he was a sub.

Stones wasn't great but he's still young and learning....Otamendi though, constantly lunging in and taking risks, he reminds me a lot of heinze when he played in England. Constantly tacking which excites the fans but leaves so much space behind and when he mistimes the opposition are through.

Group certainly isn't cut and dried...'Gladbach beat Celtic again and they're likely to be above City who still have to go to Germany.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

plus City got lucky in 1st game with Monchengladbach because initial game was postponed and MOnchengladbach didnt want play next day as lot of their fans went home

They won 4-0. I think suggesting that they would have struggled if they'd played 24 hours earlier is a stretch, even for you.

21 hours ago, BOF said:

I think the score flattered Barça, ably abetted by a mesmeric Messi and a blundering Bravo.  But City went in at 1-0 having asked serious questions of the Barcelona backline and their keeper. 

I agree with thise but barca never really got out of 2nd gear and even then city's frailties were exposed badly. They are heavily reliant on Silva and De Bruyne. For the money they have spent they should have alot more options than that. Also their defence and keeper aren't good enough to go far in the Champions League. As soon as they meet a decent side they'll be put to the sword. 

TBH Guardiola's shitty 'philosophy' of having defenders and goal keepers playing lots of short passes to each other and doing all round dangerous things on the ball is only going to enhance the probability of defensive errors, especially in a league like this where there's a strong emphasis on a high press and closing down players with the ball. City have been a calamity at the back for the last few weeks precisely for this reason. But I guess Guardiola has a blank cheque book so will simply continue to try and sign players who can do what he wants. 

Hilariously though, Stones was signed because of his on the ball 'ability' but has looked the worst out of the lot. 

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

TBH Guardiola's shitty 'philosophy' of having defenders and goal keepers playing lots of short passes to each other and doing all round dangerous things on the ball is only going to enhance the probability of defensive errors, especially in a league like this where there's a strong emphasis on a high press and closing down players with the ball. City have been a calamity at the back for the last few weeks precisely for this reason. But I guess Guardiola has a blank cheque book so will simply continue to try and sign players who can do what he wants. 

Hilariously though, Stones was signed because of his on the ball 'ability' but has looked the worst out of the lot. 

I think it's a bit like Leicester, teams have figured them out

59 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If I was a City fan I would be very worried

CoxgKpgXgAAcPDX.jpg

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Guardiola has a lot of terrible ideas TBH, yet some think he's 'pushing the boundaries' (e.g. Henry Winter). 

you can get a way with some of the stuff he did at Bayern and Barcelona because players he had e.g. Mascherano centre back or Lahm holding midfielder. City player are nowhere near this level and at moment he looks like he in the Tactics Tim school

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Guardiola has a lot of terrible ideas TBH, yet some think he's 'pushing the boundaries' (e.g. Henry Winter). 

I'm not being funny mate but if Guardiola is doing it 'wrong' who is doing it 'right' exactly?

I know we all like to knock people off their pedestals but I think he deserves some credit for his last 6-7 years in football.

Â