Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone remember how they wriggled out of the Uefa CL ban a few years ago? Uefa certainly came out and announced they were banned from europe for a season or two but then at some point during covid they overturned that on appeal.

If it remains a suspended sentence that's an easy win for authorities to implement if/when these charges are proven.

Not expecting them to be relegated anytime soon but Juventus got hit with -15 in Serie A a few weeks ago. No idea if they're appealing that but was also with "creative accounting" issues so precedent is there and allegations against Man. City are over 15 years so -3 deducted from each season seems a good punishment and they start on -30 which would be amusing. 

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can anyone remember how they wriggled out of the Uefa CL ban a few years ago? Uefa certainly came out and announced they were banned from europe for a season or two but then at some point during covid they overturned that on appeal.

If it remains a suspended sentence that's an easy win for authorities to implement if/when these charges are proven.

Not expecting them to be relegated anytime soon but Juventus got hit with -15 in Serie A a few weeks ago. No idea if they're appealing that but was also with "creative accounting" issues so precedent is there and allegations against Man. City are over 15 years so -3 deducted from each season seems a good punishment and they start on -30 which would be amusing. 

I remember city's owners saying something along the lines of they would run uefa in to ruin with years of court costs and appeals etc which I'm sure they will now echo with the PL

After whay happened with Newcastle who knows what the PLs appetite is for years of court cases and appeals

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I remember city's owners saying something along the lines of they would run uefa in to ruin with years of court costs and appeals etc which I'm sure they will now echo with the PL

After whay happened with Newcastle who knows what the PLs appetite is for years of court cases and appeals

Just get newcastle to fund the legal fees im sure the saudis would happily do it if it means they can take citys spot

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They should just change the rules to have one appeal only. Problem solved

6 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm not watching the match. I won't be watching any Manchester City matches until this is all sorted.

They've basically shattered the few remaining fragments of Premier League football as a competitive sport.

Yeah I didn't watch either for the same reasons. That club represents all that is vile with hypercapitalism in football for me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Many of the charges were subject to a statute of limitations, which meant they were from too long before to be punished. Pep laughably and extremely dishonestly glossed this as being 'found innocent' this week; it was nothing of the sort. 

£10 million fine is not innocent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Out of interest, I thought I'd check...

Of the 11 starters for Manchester City yesterday, only one was purchased for less than our record signing (Buendia ~€38m), that was Gundongan and I think the only reason he was cheaper was that he was running down his contract at Dortmund. Now, I know we were terrible yesterday and got what we deserved, but the handicap we start every game against them with is really quite startling.

But Pep says he hardly spends any money.

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Out of interest, I thought I'd check...

Of the 11 starters for Manchester City yesterday, only one was purchased for less than our record signing (Buendia ~€38m), that was Gundongan and I think the only reason he was cheaper was that he was running down his contract at Dortmund. Now, I know we were terrible yesterday and got what we deserved, but the handicap we start every game against them with is really quite startling.

We didn't even try in that first half, an always lose against the top 6, it's mentality, on form we can give any team a game.

Brentford graft every game, thats why they are up there, unfortunately we don't.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

But Pep says he hardly spends any money.

He would… for the latest transfer they pay/paid £850k a week, £50m transfer fee and £50m to agents/dad/advisors.

I wonder how much money on top of the £100m was paid to Grealish’s entourage.

Looking at their transfer fees alone doesn’t tell the whole story with their business.  

Â