Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

First time i'd seen him play against Man U yesterday and when he came on i was surprised he wasn't wearing the red shirt of Utd. A typical Man U player and wouldn't be at all surprised if Ferguson hasn't put a very large tick against the name Carruthers for the future.

The spitting image of Nasri and probably going to be as good. Our one absolute jem coming through which will be cherry picked.....again.

He simply has to play in our remaining games or at the very least be given enough time in those games to make a difference.

I'm all for starting him, but only in place of another junior. We already had 6 of our recent reserve side in outfield positions yesterday and he was the 7th coming on for Ireland. That's too many and I've often said in the past that our side's rigidity goes to pot when you reach a critical mass of youth players. Start him in place of Bannan maybe. Certainly on yesterday's performance. And for the love of McGrath bring in N'Zogbia for someone, anyone. Here's hoping Herd is also back asap. Without Petrov, that side needs Herd's bulldog influence in the centre but I think Samir has definitely put his name in the hat for the next game.

Carutthers-Gardner-Herd-N'zogbia

-----------------Ireland-------------

---------------------Gabby ----------

I'd drop Bannan at the drop of a hat and we need N'zogbia's pace and general attacking brain in there .

I'd swap Gabby with Weimann. We need someone who can score goals. Otherwise that doesn't look too bad to me.

and i would switch Ireland with Bannan in that suggested formation.

I would agree going into next season because I could see Ireland leaving in the summer.

I agree sadly Gabby needs to be dropped for Weimann. It won't happen though as he has been made captain.

• 2 weeks later...
wonder if we can use the Samir Nasri song for Carruthers??? might work :)

What is said song?

Why does Mcleish always bring him on with like 2 minutes to go...... Give him a chance, at least give him 15/20 mins!

-----------------given----------------------

lichaj----clark---baker------warnock

----------gardner----herd----------------

zog------------ireland----------carruthers

---------------weimann-----------------

no way in hell mcleish would pick it, but i reckon that side is a good one! hopefully we'll see more of carruthers next year. zog, ireland and carruthers could all swap around too. might even be nice to watch ;)

-----------------given----------------------

lichaj----clark---baker------warnock

----------gardner----herd----------------

zog------------ireland----------carruthers

---------------weimann-----------------

no way in hell mcleish would pick it, but i reckon that side is a good one! hopefully we'll see more of carruthers next year. zog, ireland and carruthers could all swap around too. might even be nice to watch ;)

Roberto Martinez could do wonders with that line-up :winkold:

• 5 months later...

Can anyone elaborate on Samir's situation at the moment?

The reason I ask is based on the fleeting three appearances I have seen of him he looked rather promising and in contrast to N'Zogbia seems like he can actually beat a player; i'm not really one to make a habit of criticising our players but this guy has to be a better option surely?

Â