Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

Carruthers was playing football local to his home of Hatfield, Hertfordshire when he was signed by Cambridge United under-10 side. He trained frequently with Manchester United but when Cambridge United abandoned their youth team set-up he signed for Arsenal, the team he supports. In 2009 Carruthers switched to Aston Villa where he made his name playing for the club's Academy and Reserve teams. He is noted for his goalscoring and ability to play in a number of positions.

From the Wiki page on him..

So he's a guy that was more than likely on the radar of Manchester United, was on the radar of Arsenal and signed for them and then chose us.. That's a curious decision.

Joining the best youth set up in the country a curious decision? It shows the kid's got confidence and ambition.

Really want him to play on Monday - my guess is big eck won't.

Better choice than Albrighton right now in my opinion.. May as well play someone that may actually terrorise the Stoke defence. We saw what he did to Gerrard yesterday, if he can do that to a player of his calibre he could be like a knife to butter to lesser players.

Talk about going over the top. He was only on for a few minutes and suddenly he should be in the starting line-up?

Pretty disappointing to see a a young lad making his debut dive in the short time he was on the pitch. Ashley Young clearly left a legacy of sorts.

Talk about going over the top. He was only on for a few minutes and suddenly he should be in the starting line-up?

Pretty disappointing to see a a young lad making his debut dive in the short time he was on the pitch. Ashley Young clearly left a legacy of sorts.

Who else would you play? Bannan out of position? Gardner out of position? Carruthers is a winger and would do well on the wing. Yes he made of meal of a tackle, but he also did something a Villa player hasn't done in years and tricked his way round Gerrard twice making him look stupid.. The kid has quality. If it doesn't work out bring him off at half-time, but he's worth a try given if Albrighton was fit he'd be starting and most days he's not all that great.

Bannan and Gardner are not the types of players to run at and beat a defender.

This kid looks like at least he'll try and just for that I'd prefer to see him given a start.

Bannan or Gardner out wide is not helping us as an attacking force and at home we need to go for it.

It was hardly a naked dive. He had just about outfoxed 2 players, felt a late nibble on his leg, then went down easily because it was a foul and he wanted to help the ref make his mind up. Players do it all the time, different from simulation. Unfortunately the ref was psychologically opposed to giving it, since it would have meant giving a pen from a borderline infringement in the most remote corner of the area. Much easier to card the kid nobody's heard of instead.

I thought it was good to see a young player make an energetic entrance like that, but that yellow card was over the top and may have dented his morale a bit.

I agree with you on your first point. Though, I wouldn't mind if he got a little time in the end of the game, depending on the scoreline.

On your second point I couldn't agree less. He was tripped, just like Suarez when he got his yellow, and the ref made the wrong decision. Two mistakes by the ref, but he got so many other things right that I can't blame him. Wasn't too upset as I think he had a good game. Got many tough calls right.

I thought it was good to see a young player make an energetic entrance like that, but that yellow card was over the top and may have dented his morale a bit.

According to his twitter after the match he posted;

"Can't believe it,, I'll never forget this day,, debut against Liverpool and should of had a pen! Fans were unbelievable today #utv"

I think playing raised his confidence and morale even more. It's good that he see's the lack of penalty and possible the yellow as unjust. It's when players dwell on stuff it becomes and issue.. He's young though he won't focus on the negatives.

I don't think it was a dive. I think he was clipped and lost balance, even if he didn't try too hard to stay on his feet, but what footballers these days do?

Saying that, he played a few minutes at the end of the game.. wouldn't say he's anywhere near ready to start today - but without Albrighton we might not have a huge choice. Warnock isn't the sort to switch to the right wing.. perhaps Bannan on the right?

Carruthers should start today as Albrighton has been ruled out..

He should play even if allbrighton is available. Allbrighton has put in too many gash performances so someone else should be given a chance

Should be given a chance ahead of Bannan against Utd. Imagine his first 2 games being against Liverpool and Utd, th lad will be full of confidence.

There's no expectation to win from either the fans or the management so why not stick him in?

Carruthers didn't play tonight even though Gardner and Bannan were average.. Played out of position just like I mentioned earlier. Should have played would have probably done better, we couldn't have done any worse.

Â