Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

From what I understand he was fined by Lambert and he went on twitter and did something bad (don't remember what exactly it was) and since then it's all been quiet.

Jordan Graham trained with the first team yesterday for the first time so maybe he might get some game time?

nobody knows how he has been training, but he would be an option at the top of the diamond, in a 4-2-3-1 as any part of the 3 and wide or in the hole. we haven't seen him play this season though, even if he did look a prospect when we saw him last year. i'd give him a go to be honest, even if just to shake a few feathers and get more competition for places going.

dont think we could risk bringing yet another new face into the team when theres already alot of young/new players into it which seems to be costing us at the minute.

could work though, heard good things about him but not actually seen him myself

Yea but Carruthers is actually decent. Has flair about him unlike none of our seniors. Petrov is proving to be such a big miss :(

Lambert had the opportunity to replace Petrov and has done with an inferior player.

We need a couple of wingers. Not sure Carruthers is one of them though.

I think we need to persevere with N'Zogbia and Albrighton a bit longer. One of our major issues at the moment is the lack of consistency in the team, so introducing yet more inexperienced players isn't going to help our current problems IMO.

• 2 months later...

Yeah he was on bench vs Spurs, not sure about Chelsea, Im struggling to think of names for the bench at the moment. Think Williams will be on there vs Wigan and so will Carruthers.

By the look of Jordan Graham's twitter I think he wants some game time now*, he's getting bigged up by the fans on there desperate for some flair, he has it, could be our Sterling (but tbh i think Graham is better) but whether or not he can do it in such a young team is a big risk.

*He doesn't say anything himself, even if asked, but he does retweet a lot of people saying he should be in the first team, be surprised if he didnt think it himself - Ive heard he's the more confident/cocky of the younger kids like him and grealish. Could be what we need ... could also be a disaster.

what is his natural position then? i thought he was a left winger

If I remember rightly a lot of his managers have played him on the wing but he thinks of himself as more of a central, behind the striker player. I think one of his reasons for not being happy at Arsenal was that he was unhappy being played on the wing as it isn't his natural position. Much like namesake/lookalike Nasri.

Saying that when he had his cameo at Liverpool last season he was on the wing and he was turning Gerrard inside out on the edge of their box.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Â