Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

My first is in zebra, but not in hippopotamus

My second is the square root of minus two

My third is in my other trousers

Who am I?

Are you a zebra toucher trying to throw us off the scent by asking us riddles?

neither him nor weimann are near good enough to play in the prem, or ever will be in my opinion, big difference between reserves and senior,

sooner people realise this the better and stop grasping at straws

i guess the only opinion that counts is Sir Gary Cahill, but last i heard he was seen in the Mongolian rain forest surrounded by hungry cannibalistic tribesman armed with nothing but a Kindle and a wooden duck caller.

He is now their King.

Phew. I was afraid he'd just disappeared.

If the Kindle has 3G connectivity he might be able to tell us, definitively, whether Carruthers is any good.

With Albrighton out of form the way he is, it might be time to see a new face or two in the first team.

neither him nor weimann are near good enough to play in the prem, or ever will be in my opinion, big difference between reserves and senior,

sooner people realise this the better and stop grasping at straws

I suppose their masses of Premier League experience have brought you to that conclusion?

Andi Weimann will be a top top player if he keeps excelling like he is, which is exactly the same with Samir Carruthers.

I will be honest and say I dont know much about him, and unless people follow the reserves closely, I dont think many of us do. But there is a tendancy by villa fans on this board, and people I know off these boards to overrate and hype a player just because he is one of us, or from the youth set up. Vassell, Albrighton, Agbonlahor, Moore, Clark, the list goes on.

Lets just wait and see.

I will be honest and say I dont know much about him, and unless people follow the reserves closely, I dont think many of us do. But there is a tendancy by villa fans on this board, and people I know off these boards to overrate and hype a player just because he is one of us, or from the youth set up. Vassell, Albrighton, Agbonlahor, Moore, Clark, the list goes on.

Lets just wait and see.

Gabby is a fine player; better than the others. Don’t think anyone has ever hyped him up. Until the last couple of seasons he was one of the few players at Villa to improve year on year.

Agbonlahor is a decent player, and he is one of only about 6 players I want to stay at the club. The rest can bugger off in July. But in my opinion he was bigged up a bit too much especially in his younger days and he often starts the season on fire only to burn out come new year. He is not as good as some of us think.

i guess the only opinion that counts is Sir Gary Cahill, but last i heard he was seen in the Mongolian rain forest surrounded by hungry cannibalistic tribesman armed with nothing but a Kindle and a wooden duck caller.

Do you get a lot of rainforest in Mongolia?

166dcfd5a1b3b5c974dc79226cbab373.jpg

Agbonlahor is a decent player, and he is one of only about 6 players I want to stay at the club. The rest can bugger off in July. But in my opinion he was bigged up a bit too much especially in his younger days and he often starts the season on fire only to burn out come new year. He is not as good as some of us think.

He’s more than a decent player. He’s a good player, who has been used poorly over the last two seasons. He’s not a world beater by any stretch, but he’s one of the few players at Villa worth anything to us

• 3 weeks later...

Samir has made the bench for first time today. Great for him. From his Twitter;

Honestly can't describe my feelings right now made the bench against arsenal for today's game #dreamcometrue #UTV

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the replay was conclusive as to whether it was a penalty or not. He probably did clip him, so it probably was a penalty, but he made a meal of it and was definitely looking for it.

He looks like a good little player but I struggle to see Mcshit giving him many minutes when we get the likes of Nzogbia back. If you think about it he's competing with: Albrighton, Bannan, Gardner, Nzogbia, Herd, Ireland, Clark, Petrov and Delph (all being fit respectively). I'd love him to get minutes, as much as I want Weimann to get more minutes whilst Bent is out.

Today the incident was definitely a penalty but he was looking for it, as you can see by the trajectory of his fall, he almost looped upwards and back down instead of going straight to the ground - He might have got it, if he didn't exaggerate it that much. Would love to see against Stoke on Monday:

Gabby and Weimann upfront

Ireland, Herd, Gardner, Nzogbia (bringing on Bannan, Albrighton and Carruthers, with enough time to get them into the game - at least 20 minutes)

Lichaj, Collins, Baker, Warnock

^ That there is a squad that is capable and deserves to stay up in this league. That squad should beat rubbish teams like Stoke and Bolton.

Just my two cents. ;)

Â