Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

• 2 weeks later...

tbh, i dont think he would do any better at the moment, probably even worst than bannan

not that hes worst than bannan, but purely on the lack of first team action, we already have too many youth midfielders in the team, bannan and gardner, johnson is in the background as well i just cant see them all being successful here, i think we need to sell them, none of them will be world class, they reflect our academy, very average

tbh, i dont think he would do any better at the moment, probably even worst than bannan

not that hes worst than bannan, but purely on the lack of first team action, we already have too many youth midfielders in the team, bannan and gardner, johnson is in the background as well i just cant see them all being successful here, i think we need to sell them, none of them will be world class, they reflect our academy, very average

Like Weimann?

They don't have to be world class than be better than what we have, surely? Just how high are you setting the bar here?

i was refering to only the midfielders

and to be fair, at the moment, were a premier league club so the bar should be reasonably high, after all, as ive said before, the PL is one of the biggest leagues in the world

there was a time not so long ago that our academy was said to be the best in the league, well to look at man utd for example, their kids really need to not only cut the grade, but they have to tear it a new a**hole as well, they have extremely high expectations, theyve let go of kids that we can only dream of having here, what im saying is yes, the bar should be raised and we should expect better from them, if not, sell them to walsall

i dont think its fair to compare Carruthers to Bannan, Carruthers is a winger/attacking mid whereas Bannan's the complete opposite.

with Gardner he was said to be the next gerrard, hopefully when his back he can keep up the level he did before the lengthy injury.

there was a time not so long ago that our academy was said to be the best in the league, well to look at man utd for example, their kids really need to not only cut the grade, but they have to tear it a new a**hole as well, they have extremely high expectations, theyve let go of kids that we can only dream of having here, what im saying is yes, the bar should be raised and we should expect better from them, if not, sell them to walsall

The difference at Villa now is that there are no experienced senior players for the young lads to look up to, unlike Manure. What would we give to have a Giggs or Scholes for the kids to learn from? When Barry came into the side he had Southgate to play alongside, who can Baker or Clark look to? Each other, that's who, mainly after the opposition have just scored, but it's not all their fault. If we still had players of the calibre of Barry and Milner at this club I'd think you'd find it would follow that the youngsters coming through would be of a higher quality and would be allowed to develop more naturally as players because there'd be less pressure on them to dig us out of the sh!t we're in.

The difference at Villa now is that there are no experienced senior players for the young lads to look up to, unlike Manure. What would we give to have a Giggs or Scholes for the kids to learn from? When Barry came into the side he had Southgate to play alongside, who can Baker or Clark look to? Each other, that's who, mainly after the opposition have just scored, but it's not all their fault. If we still had players of the calibre of Barry and Milner at this club I'd think you'd find it would follow that the youngsters coming through would be of a higher quality and would be allowed to develop more naturally as players because there'd be less pressure on them to dig us out of the sh!t we're in.

Lambert probably expected Bent, Gabby, N'Zog, Ireland, Vlaar, Holman, KEA and Dunne to step up for that but any fan of the club could've told him that's not gonna happen with those who already were in the club.

I've heard that lambert rates him very very highly and is about to start pushing him into the first team.

And stop slagging the academy off because the first team have had a horrible bad patch. Just stinks of speak first think later.

Edited by villan_007

The problem is the club and the way it goes about "blooding" youngsters..

These players should've been out on loan getting first team experience instead they are thrown in the deep end of a terrible struggling squad here and it's not helping their development if anything it's doing the opposite.

i would rather us play Carruthers in the attacking mid role then use the shyt we current have (ireland, holman, nzogbia or bannan)

This is what people were saying about our defense last year. 'Bring in Clark, Baker and Lehij!' people were saying, turns out the kids are actually worse than the experienced professionals.

The problem is the club and the way it goes about "blooding" youngsters..

These players should've been out on loan getting first team experience instead they are thrown in the deep end of a terrible struggling squad here and it's not helping their development if anything it's doing the opposite.

this, paul merson says the same thing on sky every week. most clubs bring through a single player by sticking him on for 20 minutes when your 3-0 up. we stick 7 of them in the starting eleven and wonder why theres no leadership of bottle there.

weve clearly brought too many in too soon all because the club wont buy a proper starting 11, but then you only have to look at the dross bought by previous managers to understand why randy wont spend much moore

beye

salifou

djemba x2

berson

heskey

Â